Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Other Event 06/04/2011 - Autocross @ Cumberland Airport (*) - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 06/04/2011 - Autocross @ Cumberland Airport (*)

I was disappointed in the course compared to prior years' June Historics long course. No high speed kink at the transition from one taxiway to the other. I was only in third a brief period going toward the far end. No need for third on the return.
    As usual, way too many cones.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

6/5 Cumberland Auto-X

Great event today. My first Cumberland event. Damn early morning (left house at 4:45AM!) but worth it. Course was a shorter version of yesterday's long course by about 10 seconds. But we got 6 runs so I'm not sure which was better. Best I could get was a 62.736 in C Stock. Here's a vid of one of my best runs.

The organizers of this event couldn't have been nicer. I wish we had a bigger turnout but they were happy to have NCC and I hope we get to work with them in the future. Big thanks to Dave for helping to put this event together! If you haven't run Cumberland it's well worth the drive!!

Cumberland does have an infatuation with cones....they use WAY too many. Not sure why they didn't use the customary terminal turn format. It would have allowed for another longer acceleration zone like is usual. I was going to go up today as well, but I woke up to a steady rain in Frederick and went back to bed. Of course it turned out to be a nice day. Oh well.

Thanks for the video Phil. We only got 3 runs Saturday. I think you got the better deal. I couldn't agree more about the pleasures of autocrossing in Cumberland. I think it is like a mini vacation.
    Woody

I loved it. (Sunday) Too bad we did not have too many members there. The weather was good, the view was simply gorgeous. The runs were smooth, the course was fast.

One of the members (Noah) offered me to take the back roads through the mountains on the way home, and those roads were also beautiful and offered excellent opportunity to experience bmw handling.

Woody, many-many thanks for sharing with us this autocross opportunity!

Does anyone know how to access the results? Google did not help

Results usually come up later on Monday's...sometimes Tuesday.

Results will be here:
    http://www.nationalroadrally.com/results_main.html

Quote Originally Posted by mduhovich View Post
    Woody, many-many thanks for sharing with us this autocross opportunity!
    Don't thank me. While I've been encouraging BMW club people to do the Cumberland Airport events for many years, I think it was Doug and Aaron that worked to make our participation last weekend more formal. What we really should work for next year is having a club team of eight or so cars to participate in one of the Friday evening team challenge events.

I'm glad you chose to return home via some back roads. I usually try to go up Friday afternoon via some back roads through West Virginia .
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    What we really should work for next year is having a club team of eight or so cars to participate in one of the Friday evening team challenge events.
    Woody,

Let's get a Z3 team together.

Jonathan

Results:
    http://www.nationalroadrally.com/historics_11.html

Usually the Devils Duel is in Late July. It is the cumberland all-stars (8 fastest of the non cobras) vs the 8 fastest cobras. The all stars have won the past few years I believe. Last year Karwan beat out Fast Fred in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz View Post
    Results:
    http://www.nationalroadrally.com/historics_11.html

Usually the Devils Duel is in Late July. It is the cumberland all-stars (8 fastest of the non cobras) vs the 8 fastest cobras. The all stars have won the past few years I believe. Last year Karwan beat out Fast Fred in the finals.
    A Subaru got Fast Freddie by .009 on Sun., the course favored big power in the 1st half and nimbleness at the horrible finish( 2 15mph u turns)

Yeah, the Moran family subaru means business. It broke on Saturday. Mike hoped in a the Grey Sti. Unfortunately I couldn't keep my quick run clean to make him earn it. I was mainly aiming to win SP as a whole, but Jim was too fast with the long straight aways in the 380whp Z06 for me to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz View Post
    The original challenges were between Porsches (mostly Chesapeake PCA) and Corvettes from the Pittsburgh area. I drove a Cobra the first time the Capital Area Cobra Club challenged the Corvettes - maybe four years ago.
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Woody,

Let's get a Z3 team together.

Jonathan
    Yeah, if we can get Jason Becker to return to Cumberland, and someone local buys Neil Simon's M Coupe. It will be going on the market soon.
    If it's conducted the same as the past, we'd need eight entries.
    Woody

I'll do it with my 318 in ST if you guys are serious and opening up to non-Z3s; not sure I could talk Adam into getting him/his car out there.
    Last edited by Biggins; 06-06-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    I'll do it with my 318 in ST if you guys are serious and opening up to non-Z3s; not sure I could talk Adam into getting him/his car out there.
    Only cars with an e30 rear suspension permitted :P

Thread Information