Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 05/14/2011 - Autocross @ Old Dominion Speedway - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 05/14/2011 - Autocross @ Old Dominion Speedway

Just signed up for this one, looking forward to it. The only weird thing was I signed up for the PM session and under the PM work choices it says "AM Course Worker" instead of PM. Small oversight I guess.

Had an ok day! Except for hitting every possible cone I could, and the one clean run I had should have been an off course (time was like 43 seconds) and while shagging cones I pulled a calf muscle, so a rough day all in all =\

This was my first competitive driving event, and it ruled. I saw, like, sixty zillion people with camera mounts on their cars, post them Youtube links. Thanks to everyone who let me try out their cars. I had to bring my Miata because the flex disk needs replacing on my 325, who has the best hourly rate lift prices in NOVA?

I had a lot of fun. A buddy of mine is out visiting from Cali and rode along to experience his first ax. Very technical, hard course. I did terrible during the event, constantly coning (mostly the same $@! one) and only getting into the 33s. ( I think my last run was clean?) During the fun runs (thanks again for those!) I got some clean 31s. This was my first time at this new location. Even though the lot is a bit small & limiting due to shape, you all really maximized the space with your course design. Thanks everyone for a good time & I guess the mystery of the new car is over. =)
    http://autocrossr.blogspot.com/
    1986 Toyota AE86
    2008 mx5 prht stormy blue

Wow, talk about a challenging course! I knew I was going to struggle with the 180* turn and the Chicago box, and sure enough they gave me trouble all day. I think I only had one clean run, but I still had a blast! Still though, I think I'm looking forward to getting back to Waldorf.

---------------2009 XS 2nd place, 2010 X3 3rd place, 2011 X3 Champion---------------
    --------------------5-speed, Full DE-K Swap, 205 whp 199 wtq SAE----------------------
    -----------------Enkei RPM2-235/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 & A/S+-----------------

I liked this course, I think it made good use of the lot. With that said I had a lot of cone eating. Thanks to Nick, Bobby and Peter for letting my ride shotgun, it was awesome!
    2011 Mazda 3 - Blue

Guys, another great event. Thank you.

And a big thanks to the second session AM courseworkers for getting all the cones I punted with my 5-series land yacht. I had atleast two clean runs with an underpowered, oversized pig - no one should be complaining they couldn't make those gates

Yeah you weren't the only over sized pig there. Lol The ole stanger made it through the cones with two dirty runs. If a solid axle can do it anyone can.

Quote Originally Posted by staangbanger View Post
    Yeah you weren't the only over sized pig there. Lol The ole stanger made it through the cones with two dirty runs. If a solid axle can do it anyone can.
    Here's that video of your run.

Last edited by etherpool; 05-15-2011 at 10:01 PM.

My best runs of the morning. I'm due some dry pavement damnit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by etherpool View Post
    My best runs of the morning. I'm due some dry pavement damnit!!!
    Nice! What was your best time? I'm guessing that the PM sessions were considerably faster.
    *Butter Pecan Papi*
    '07 e92 335i & '00 e46 323i

Speaking about time, when will the result be posted online? I guess I can chalk it up to AM session was wetter hence slower than the PM session ..

Quote Originally Posted by b-pecan View Post
    Nice! What was your best time? I'm guessing that the PM sessions were considerably faster.
    in the 325ci Covrt. I got 32.9 clean

Not sure how others are...but best times were the 3 m3's Black/White/Dark Blue - low 30's

Quote Originally Posted by Petrovich View Post
    in the 325ci Covrt. I got 32.9 clean

Not sure how others are...but best times were the 3 m3's Black/White/Dark Blue - low 30's
    I believe the official FTD went to the mystic blue E46 M3, and was in the low 29s if i remember correctly. I think others got quicker times in the fun runs though, but that's irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by CPSmith View Post
    I believe the official FTD went to the mystic blue E46 M3, and was in the low 29s if i remember correctly. I think others got quicker times in the fun runs though, but that's irrelevant
    Dang, that was fast...compared to the morning runs that is. What was the FTD for the morning runs? Wasn't it the black late '80s Civic Si?

Thread Information