Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 04/23/2011 - Autocross @ Old Dominion Speedway - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/23/2011 - Autocross @ Old Dominion Speedway

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    And also managed to spin out the wrx, which I've never done before, even in the snow :/
    i can show you how to spin a wrx in the dry!

Quote Originally Posted by 95Maxrider View Post
    Smart line: Were you running with your traction control on? I was expecting much more smoke from your tires!
    first 2 runs yes.Then i left stabeltrack on and just turned off T/C.
    i missed so much .....have no idea what my top speed was? what RPM? as a newbie i was just listening and holding on. the last lap was a best when the front pushed in the 180 i blip-ed the throttle and brought the rear around what a blast!
    the run up out of the "chigo-box" was great after i figured when i could slowly step on it!

as for smoke the P-Zero tires dont smoke much....not sure why even when i light them up they leave a mark but no noise?and little smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by 1.8tooslow View Post
    I agree with the first part, but definitely not the second.
    I guess I should have said everyone just trying to put up small numbers could have packed up and gone home. Sure it's fun to kill some tires and you may learn something in the process, but I seriously doubt many AM times will be competitive. Also, a lot of us have enough practice driving in the rain from 2 seasons ago to last a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by BradMW View Post
    All I ask is that whoever compiles the results lists AM vs PM, because... Well, it should be obvious why.
    the grip by the puddle was dramatically different between the first and second pm sessions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GabeD1 View Post
    the grip by the puddle was dramatically different between the first and second pm sessions as well.
    Yea i had serious understeer in the wet that i did not see people in the second PM session experience.

In both the am sessions you had to do all of your braking and start turning before you hit the wet asphalt in the "puddle section" there was no grip whatsoever front or back. It would be interesting to see a vid from 1 run consecutively from each run group to see how much it dried out. The last group definitely had the best shot at a fast time, but that is the way it goes with our AX program, better luck next time. AWD was definitely an advantage in the am session, the launch off of start was good for at least .5 sec, and being able to put power down in the wet was big. I just spun my tires at the start for most of my runs, patience was key yesterday.
    Last edited by SamB325es; 04-24-2011 at 12:42 PM.

What/who was FTD?

Once I figured out that I needed to really slow down for the 'Chicago box' in the middle, my times improved. !

You had two choices for the Chicago box, either slow down a LOT to make the turn, or go real wide left (and I mean WIDE), to line up for the turn better... first couple runs I knew I wasn't going wide enough.. Once I started to really pull to the left before entering, I was carrying a ton of speed into the hairpin...

Moxnix- Turning a 29 second run in the AM session was smokin'!!!! That wet section before the last slalom was like ice for the first couple runs, but it started to dry up and I was pleasantly suprised by how much grip there was....

Quote Originally Posted by BradMW View Post
    All I ask is that whoever compiles the results lists AM vs PM, because... Well, it should be obvious why. Everyone driving AM should have just packed up and went home.
    last 2 seasons the rain was usually in the PM, so those of us who always run afternoon constantly had the same issue.....it evens out in the long run, trust me. Weather is the factor that sometimes you just have to get lucky/unlucky with. Or do like some people did yesterday and run both sessions.....

btw, you can tell who ran where by car number. AM cars start with 1xx, PM cars start with 2xx.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    Um, no.
    in the afternoon, there was only one small section of the course that was wet at all. And it was an area where AWD wasn't helping, because we were sliding sideways just as much. Perhaps you noticed me going through that section backwards.....lol. Overall that course was not built for AWD, basically just a bunch of slaloms and the subarus for the most part plowed that entire turnaround....

or did you mean "um no" the Evos and Sti's there were not well-built or well-driven? Because look back last month at Waldorf and similarly-built STi's took top time there, in the dry, on a RWD-oriented course.

(btw, I was referring to the afternoon runs, not the morning).

I actually had the fastest run with a clean 27.6sec, they didnt log the cone call on the guys with the 27.4 run not to take any credit away he was still sick fast!! still had a blast! first BMW event, loved the layout and the amount of runs. I will be competing in the Arkansas Pro-solo next weekend and this course was a perfect warm up!!!
    I ran both A.M. and P.M.
    A.M. wet: 28.2xx
    P.M. Dry: 27.6xx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlZU5_RNwpE

CAR: Subaru STi
    Sponsors Ptuning.com and Liberty University
    Last edited by Dwomp24; 04-24-2011 at 03:37 PM.

in the afternoon, there was only one small section of the course that was wet at all. And it was an area where AWD wasn't helping, because we were sliding sideways just as much. Perhaps you noticed me going through that section backwards.....lol. Overall that course was not built for AWD, basically just a bunch of slaloms and the subarus for the most part plowed that entire turnaround....

or did you mean "um no" the Evos and Sti's there were not well-built or well-driven? Because look back last month at Waldorf and similarly-built STi's took top time there, in the dry, on a RWD-oriented course.

(btw, I was referring to the afternoon runs, not the morning).
    lol idk about you, but i didnt plow at all and this course was perfect for my car, i was in 3rd gear through the off set gates. i am on starspecs along with the other black sti. then my buddy toan in the Ptuning white evo had zero clutch left so he couldnt fire outa corners at all lol sucks. Wish i could have run the very last session, i felt a 26.xxxsec run

btw, you can tell who ran where by car number. AM cars start with 1xx, PM cars start with 2xx.
    What about the guys who ran both AM and PM? How are they numbered, and which of their best runs is counted? It seems a little unfair to allow people to run in both sessions and keep their times from the PM session since they already know the course. Not everyone could run both sessions even if they wanted to, so I think it's only fair to count someones FTD from their first session if they do two to keep things fair.

---------------2009 XS 2nd place, 2010 X3 3rd place, 2011 X3 Champion---------------
    --------------------5-speed, Full DE-K Swap, 205 whp 199 wtq SAE----------------------
    -----------------Enkei RPM2-235/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 & A/S+-----------------

What about the guys who ran both AM and PM? How are they numbered, and which of their best runs is counted? It seems a little unfair to allow people to run in both sessions and keep their times from the PM session since they already know the course. Not everyone could run both sessions even if they wanted to, so I think it's only fair to count someones FTD from their first session if they do two to keep things fair.
    Agreed 100%. I would hate feeling required to run both sessions.

in the afternoon, there was only one small section of the course that was wet at all. And it was an area where AWD wasn't helping,
    in the first afternoon session awd would have helped me a ton. I was spinning of the line, in my 1-2 gearshift and crazy understeer and oversteer on throttle in the puddle. From working the course, i could see tha the cars in the second pm session were getting through the puddle a lot easier. You could even hear tire squeal in that area from some cars.

Thread Information