Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 04/23/2011 - Autocross @ Old Dominion Speedway - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/23/2011 - Autocross @ Old Dominion Speedway

Helmet question

I have a BMW Airflow, open faced motorcycle helmet. It is very light and comfortable. Can I use it for auto crossing?

Also, does anyone bring a Lotus ton the events? I am trying to decide between trying out the One Series or the Elise. Thanks!
    2011 BMW 128i cabrio
    2005 Lotus Elise

Quote Originally Posted by 1.8tooslow View Post
    I have a spectator that I would like to have ride along for a run or two. How do I arrange that? I searched around before posting, but could not find anything on this site about this.
    All they need to do is sign the waiver at the registration tent and wear a helmet while on course. Loaner helmets should be available near the start.

Great, thanks for the response.

I think your BMW helmet would have to have a Snell or SFI rating certification.

As for the car, depends on your goals. The Lotus is about the perfect autocross car and will turn faster times than the 128. Do you want to see how you compare against similar BMWs, or a variety of other makes? Ideally you would bring and drive both.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I think your BMW helmet would have to have a Snell or SFI rating certification.

As for the car, depends on your goals. The Lotus is about the perfect autocross car and will turn faster times than the 128. Do you want to see how you compare against similar BMWs, or a variety of other makes? Ideally you would bring and drive both.
    Ideally, you'd bring both and let me drive the lotus

Yay pre-regged. I'll see you guys there.

New Star Specs are gonna rock this place. Ill see everyone there! Hopefully more T3 show up, or Ill keep coming in second. Got my sights set one first though.

A buddy of mine visited the site today and reported that the surface is "very nice" and that it is longer than Sykesville, but somewhat narrower. He also stated that the surface is cleaned every Friday. Should be a good time for those who attend.

Well you'd better be there Noel.
    Woody

I bought a season subscription, but, I am not showing up on the registration list.
    Bob Esser

Quote Originally Posted by bobesser View Post
    I bought a season subscription, but, I am not showing up on the registration list.
    Bob Esser
    You have to go into the Motorsports Reg site for each event now and select the $0 season subscriber option.

I'm just curious and I'm sure others are too, but why did we switch to MSReg if we have to do this? What if someone forgets to re-register for each event?

A non-behind-the-scenes-observer sees/saw no problems with DLB and other groups still successfully use DLB for their season subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    You have to go into the Motorsports Reg site for each event now and select the $0 season subscriber option.

I'm just curious and I'm sure others are too, but why did we switch to MSReg if we have to do this? What if someone forgets to re-register for each event?

A non-behind-the-scenes-observer sees/saw no problems with DLB and other groups still successfully use DLB for their season subscribers.
    I went to the MSReg site and there was no zero dollar season subscription. Just the Member ($30); non-member ($35); and Season subscription $175) options.

Bob

a little help

what class should i sign up in?
    I drive a 2011 camaro with a Vortec 3 si S/C and headrers-full exhaust.

From our home page you go to Chapter Programs, Autocross, scroll down to Vehicle Classing and Rules, scroll down to non-BMWs.
    Woody

whoops i signed up in modified1 oh well i guess we will get it strait?

Thread Information