Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 04/23/2011 - Autocross @ Old Dominion Speedway - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/23/2011 - Autocross @ Old Dominion Speedway

The rather long and narrow lot makes it difficult to design a course for running two cars at once. I thought Sam did a good job with what there was to work with. The pavement was in good condition, but one low area meant a huge puddle. On my first two runs in the first half of the morning the splash in that puddle totally obscured my windshield. And for some reason I had trouble locating the wiper stalk while fighting understeer, oversteer, etc., etc. The location on the south side of Manassas was about the same distance from my Arlington home as Bowie or Waldorf.
    Last edited by woodym3; 04-24-2011 at 09:52 AM.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I thought the lot and course were great!! It was on the smaller side, but I think the designer did a terrific job giving the cars an opportunity to stretch their legs. Combine that with SEVEN runs, and this event was a winner in my book

Dan
    (silver miata)

it was my FIRST event ever...... and it was great!
    had a blast! Soo much fun i did not even ask where i finished.lol
    anyone know?????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera 139.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	1315  

WORST...FARMERS...TAN....EVER.....Can't wait for the results...30.2 was my best...hopefully clean

Video from my best run in the morning. 29.799

Quote Originally Posted by Petrovich View Post
    WORST...FARMERS...TAN....EVER.....Can't wait for the results...30.2 was my best...hopefully clean
    sir..YOU ARE DA MAN!! Watching you hoon your vert was great..30.2 is a good time too.

Those S2000s were tearin it up, especially the red one. I'd still love to have one as a 2nd/toy car in the future.

I had a blast myself..I think its really cool to see how well our cars do against newer and more capable cars. The modding bug will soon bite me but I've still gotta work on driving more smoothly. Stock suspension doesn't help much tho..
    Last edited by ZoomZoomE36; 04-24-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moxnix View Post
    Video from my best run in the morning. 29.799
    i want to see the one with the spin. might not be the fastest but looked like FUN!

definitely a small car course..and by small I mean roadster. Even in the wrx I found a few sections very tight, honestly. I coned more yesterday than I have in the past two full seasons events combined I think.

And also managed to spin out the wrx, which I've never done before, even in the snow :/ I woudlnt consider it an 'AWD car' course as mentioned above. There weren't many sections where AWD helped out really. The fastest cars were Evos and STis simply because those Evos and STis putting up the sub-28 times are well-build, well-driven cars. And Evos and STis are fast inthe first place.

wrx without LSDs.....not as fast, lol.

my best was 28.9xx on the last run, but with a cone. Best clean run was 29.0x I think......interested to see what some of the real fast guys were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    definitely a small car course..and by small I mean roadster. Even in the wrx I found a few sections very tight, honestly. .
    I was not sure my BOAT would even fit between some of that course.lol
    still had a blast best clean time 32.8 I think?

Once I figured out that I needed to really slow down for the 'Chicago box' in the middle, my times improved. I also had a blast when my rear end came out twice in the big puddle area, it's never gone out that far before! First run was a 31.7, last was a 29.2, so I'm pretty happy with my car at this point. I can't wait for my camber plates.....

And unless I'm missing something, I don't think I hit a single cone the whole day, which was awesome on a course like that!

Smart line: Were you running with your traction control on? I was expecting much more smoke from your tires!
    Last edited by 95Maxrider; 04-24-2011 at 09:40 AM.

---------------2009 XS 2nd place, 2010 X3 3rd place, 2011 X3 Champion---------------
    --------------------5-speed, Full DE-K Swap, 205 whp 199 wtq SAE----------------------
    -----------------Enkei RPM2-235/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 & A/S+-----------------

All I ask is that whoever compiles the results lists AM vs PM, because... Well, it should be obvious why. Everyone driving AM should have just packed up and went home.

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    There weren't many sections where AWD helped out really. The fastest cars were Evos and STis simply because those Evos and STis putting up the sub-28 times are well-build, well-driven cars.
    Um, no.

Quote Originally Posted by BradMW View Post
    All I ask is that whoever compiles the results lists AM vs PM, because... Well, it should be obvious why. Everyone driving AM should have just packed up and went home.

I agree with the first part, but definitely not the second.

I autocross because I like to learn about how my car performs and test my skills as a driver. A wet course is an excellent opportunity to expand your knowledge of you car and your own performance. I am AWD, so I had an advantage in the wet, but I still did my share of sliding.

I like the course...it was a lot more challenging. This course was more driver control then car. AWD may help get thru the wet section (exept irish) and the slalom but the rest, precise braking got you lower numbers. Too bad that we have this location again 3 more times...im not sure how you can change up that small lot enough for it to be 'fun' 3 more times.

I have been driving around on my 4 yr old NT-01's for a month trying to kill them haha. I wasnt expecting to run in the wet, those tires didn't fair so well. It made me miss my Toyo R1R's which are wicked fast in the wet.

Had fun though, small coarse but good layout .

Thread Information