Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 05/14/2011 - Autocross @ Old Dominion Speedway
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 05/14/2011 - Autocross @ Old Dominion Speedway

05/14/2011 - Autocross @ Old Dominion Speedway

Thank you for choosing to autocross with us!

Please visit the link below for more information.

Registration will be through Motorsportreg.com
    Last edited by Highflyr777; 03-03-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Registration is open!

Registered! Lets hope it doesn't rain!

Course Info?

First time out with this club..and this track.
    About how big is the course? is it a 1 minute course? a 45 sec course?

Quote Originally Posted by TMRoadster View Post
    First time out with this club..and this track.
    About how big is the course? is it a 1 minute course? a 45 sec course?
    Small, 25-30 seconds max unless Sam gets extra creative. The pavement is good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    Small, 25-30 seconds max unless Sam gets extra creative. The pavement is good though.
    Hopefully he doesn't try to increase the time with a bunch of first gear features. I would rather have an exciting 27 second course and 6 or 7 runs than a slow 45 second course and 4 or 5 runs.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jbrannon7 View Post
    Hopefully he doesn't try to increase the time with a bunch of first gear features. I would rather have an exciting 27 second course and 6 or 7 runs than a slow 45 second course and 4 or 5 runs.

Joe
    BINGO - Exactly!!!

may or may not be there. If I do, it will be AM :/

All signed up! Haven't ran with ya'll since I got my new car which will most likely result in deja vu for some. =)
    http://autocrossr.blogspot.com/
    1986 Toyota AE86
    2008 mx5 prht stormy blue

Sorry I won't he able to make this one - I'll be at VIR watching the Grand-Am races.
    Woody
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by ElGordoFeroz View Post
    Registered! Lets hope it doesn't rain!
    Do they cancel the event for rain?

I took the autocross class in March, and this will be my first autocross. I was wondering:

-Is loaner helmet availability an issue? I want to buy a helmet, but first want to make sure I enjoy the event as much as the class!

-What are the differences in the AM/PM secessions? Are there more novices in one than the other? Is one more crowded than the other?

Generally events are only canceled if the weather causes safety concerns so usually they are not canceled just for rain, you just get wet. =) I know the club does have some loaner helmets for folks to share. I haven't noticed any difference between the two sessions with the club other than some people prefer one over the other. AJ for example usually prefers the morning where I prefer the afternoon (so I can sleep in- a rare occurance in ax). Technically normally having higher temps in the afternoon can result in slightly faster times (although you're also working in the heat too). That's my 2 cents! See ya there.
    http://autocrossr.blogspot.com/
    1986 Toyota AE86
    2008 mx5 prht stormy blue

Quote Originally Posted by Hops View Post
    Do they cancel the event for rain?
    Not that I've seen, you just have to drive more carefully. I just prefer it not to rain so that you don't have to be "TOO" careful (ie slow)

Quote Originally Posted by Hops View Post
    I took the autocross class in March, and this will be my first autocross. I was wondering:

-Is loaner helmet availability an issue? I want to buy a helmet, but first want to make sure I enjoy the event as much as the class!

-What are the differences in the AM/PM secessions? Are there more novices in one than the other? Is one more crowded than the other?
    1) yeah there are loaner helmets available. If you want something relatively inexpensive look at the G-Force brand. Its what I've got and its pretty solidl

2) am/pm no differences just splitting the field so things go quicker vs having to wait all day for the 20+ cars infront of you to go.

Thread Information