Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2011) NCCAutocross Schedule!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: (2011) NCCAutocross Schedule!!!

someone going to put this on the main calendar?
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Ouch, yea, Manassas is a hike, almost as far as Summit and Old Dominion looks a little decrepid, anybody remember ruuning the oval with a Corvette club? very different with the Armco looming next to you.
    I remember running an event there with the Corvette club back when I had my '71 2002. I think it was way back like in 1999 or 2000. It was definitley different and DEFINITELY scary!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by 1M3ANM3; 02-27-2011 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    someone going to put this on the main calendar?
    Just tell me how to do it and I will.

Kinda bummed with the venues...coming from 25 miles north of Baltimore, both Cumberland and Manassas are 3 hours each way for me. Looks like I will be limited to the Waldorf dates this season as I just can't justify six hours round trip.

Has there ever been a points-north venue, like Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen? Not sure if there's enough folks from this far north in the region to justify that.

Ah well...never going to keep everyone happy, thanks to the committee for their work putting the schedule together. I'll look forward to Waldorf and the school this weekend.
    Tim_in_MD
    76 2002
    86 911
    14 GMC Sierra Z71

Manassas is closer to us in baltimore than Waldorf. It's only like a 10 min difference for me here in Ellicott City. I get to waldorf in about an hour and a half and Manassas is like an hour and 45 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_in_MD View Post
    Kinda bummed with the venues...coming from 25 miles north of Baltimore, both Cumberland and Manassas are 3 hours each way for me. Looks like I will be limited to the Waldorf dates this season as I just can't justify six hours round trip.
    Tim, Manassas is 60 miles closer to you than Cumberland, and only 9 miles farther than Waldorf. An extra 10 min each way is a deal-breaker?

If you've never done Cumberland, it's well worth the drive at least once. Let's just say they don't have to do BMW-type courses. They don't just have a lot to work with, they have an airport. There's a good chance several of us would have ended up at this particular event (like last year) even if there weren't a CCA link. But yes, it's a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    Tim, Manassas is 60 miles closer to you than Cumberland, and only 9 miles farther than Waldorf. An extra 10 min each way is a deal-breaker?
    I stand corrected. When I ran Google Maps this morning it told me three hours to Manassas as opposed to two hours to Waldorf. Just checked again and now it says they're within minutes of each other. I'm assuming that's a Google error as opposed to Manassas moving itself since 10am today.

I'm happy again! And maybe I'll make the trip to Cumberland given what I've heard about it.
    Tim_in_MD
    76 2002
    86 911
    14 GMC Sierra Z71

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_in_MD View Post

Has there ever been a points-north venue, like Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen? Not sure if there's enough folks from this far north in the region to justify that.

Ah well...never going to keep everyone happy, thanks to the committee for their work putting the schedule together. I'll look forward to Waldorf and the school this weekend.
    Autocrossers Inc and SCCA Philly Region used to run at Ripken Stadium up until about 4(?) years ago. We got booted out apparently because of the community complaining and something to do with us messing up the parking lot(which was far from true).

There were plans for a big shopping center right next to the stadium, they even cleared the land for it. Which is probably one ofthe reasons we were stopped. However, I've driven by there a couple times the past few years and NOTHING is there! WTF?! That was a really good lot to run.. I wonder if anyones tried to bring AutoX back to that venue...

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    Autocrossers Inc and SCCA Philly Region used to run at Ripken Stadium up until about 4(?) years ago. We got booted out apparently because of the community complaining and something to do with us messing up the parking lot(which was far from true).

There were plans for a big shopping center right next to the stadium, they even cleared the land for it. Which is probably one ofthe reasons we were stopped. However, I've driven by there a couple times the past few years and NOTHING is there! WTF?! That was a really good lot to run.. I wonder if anyones tried to bring AutoX back to that venue...
    Five years ago is when this happened ...

That said, there's some hope that we can get back in there soon. BimmerFest East somehow got permission to use the lot for their car get together, which would have never been permitted the last few years.

love the schedule. Waldorf is the best lot in the area outside of FedEx, and Manassas is close to home so maybe the wife and kid will come out to watch me run for once, and I can actually get other stuff done that day instead of driving 2 hours....

You Marylanders kill me with complaints about coming to Virginia. Us Virginians have been trekking long distances to Ripken, Bowie, Landover, Waldorf, etc. for years.
    Doug, Aaron, and Phil have worked their butts off find a variety of venues for this year. We are lucky. The Mercedes club has been going to Winchester for their events for several years. Ripken and Summit Point no longer rent their facilities for autocrossing. AJ, you could always avoid the Beltway by driving straight through DC. ;-)
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    You Marylanders kill me with complaints about coming to Virginia. Us Virginians have been trekking long distances to Ripken, Bowie, Landover, Waldorf, etc. for years.
    Doug, Aaron, and Phil have worked their butts off find a variety of venues for this year. We are lucky. The Mercedes club has been going to Winchester for their events for several years. Ripken and Summit Point no longer rent their facilities for autocrossing. AJ, you could always avoid the Beltway by driving straight through DC. ;-)
    Us MDers are crabby

LOL at driving through DC. One of the main reasons I hate 495 in my black car is because of the terrible road surface. I wouldn't make it through DC, not because of being kidnapped or w/e, but because of those damn roads destroying my car lol.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Good point Woody, I love VA. I just have to remember to hide my radar detector.

Is the July event on the 7th or 9th? Here it says the 9th (a Saturday) but on the main calendar it says the 7th (a Thursday). Might want to fix that so there isn't any confusion as people plan out schedules for the summer.

~Katie

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I'll bet you get back to Arlington before I get back to Joppatowne, from Landover,Bowie,Waldorf.

Thread Information