Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2011) NCCAutocross Schedule!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: (2011) NCCAutocross Schedule!!!

Quote Originally Posted by etherpool View Post
    The pavement where we will be running is only a few years old and looks grippy. The Corvette Club currently uses this section for their events.

The problem with is that the transition between the oval and the infield is sharp and most of the cars would bottom out. We were told of a few bumpers being torn off at previous events. That plus the condition of the pavement on the oval and the Armco just made it wise to avoid it altogether. We are looking at the possibility of a special event using the dragstrip sometime in the future!
    A BMW drag event would be a hoot, haven't been on a 1/4 mile strip in 25 yrs., and my current AX tires are better drag tires than I ever had when I was a dragster,back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by phenryiv1 View Post
    No Summit love this year? BOOOOO!!!!! (I live 20 minutes from there, so I am partial. I can drive in the AM and still get the grass mowed in the afternoon without angering my wife too badly.)
    Yea that wasn't our choice. I loved Summit. I think they made more money on carts than auto-x.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    A BMW drag event would be a hoot, haven't been on a 1/4 mile strip in 25 yrs., and my current AX tires are better drag tires than I ever had when I was a dragster,back in the day.
    ODS is only a 1/8th mile. Real quick times!!

Quote Originally Posted by etherpool View Post
    Yea that wasn't our choice. I loved Summit. I think they made more money on carts than auto-x.

ODS is only a 1/8th mile. Real quick times!!
    No problem, the driving is all over in 60' anyway, just a HP race after that.

Quote Originally Posted by phenryiv1 View Post
    No Summit love this year? BOOOOO!!!!! (I live 20 minutes from there, so I am partial. I can drive in the AM and still get the grass mowed in the afternoon without angering my wife too badly.)

I too am sad to see no events at SP; it was the one location where my FWD was an "advantage"...

So what can people tell us about Old Dominion Speedway? Big, small? Sounds like the surface is relatively new.....I can assume that if the Vette club uses it it can't be too small....

---------------2009 XS 2nd place, 2010 X3 3rd place, 2011 X3 Champion---------------
    --------------------5-speed, Full DE-K Swap, 205 whp 199 wtq SAE----------------------
    -----------------Enkei RPM2-235/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 & A/S+-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by 95Maxrider View Post
    So what can people tell us about Old Dominion Speedway? Big, small? Sounds like the surface is relatively new.....I can assume that if the Vette club uses it it can't be too small....
    Proposed layout of ODS

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm sad to see SP go but not surprised as other clubs dropped it for the same reasons. Trying a new location though will be fun, hope it is a good one. I don't like Bowie as it is so gravelly and I always do poorly there, yes even more poorly than normal. =) AJ, sorry to hear it doesn't work well for you but I'll still be seeing you around at other events.
    http://autocrossr.blogspot.com/
    1986 Toyota AE86
    2008 mx5 prht stormy blue

Meh it is what it is.. Still have some good events to look forward to at Waldorf and the schools. And yes, I'll be around at other events for sure!

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    Wooow this sucks. Guess I'm automatically out of any shot for trophy position. Manassas and Cumberland are way too far for me . Oh well... Guess I'll go play with Porsche club a little this year then lol.
    Meh it is what it is.. Still have some good events to look forward to at Waldorf and the schools. And yes, I'll be around at other events for sure!
    AJ, according to my internet, Ellicott City is actually closer the Manassas site than it is to the Waldorf site. Are you still in Ellicot City?

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    AJ, according to my internet, Ellicott City is actually closer the Manassas site than it is to the Waldorf site. Are you still in Ellicot City?
    They're actually about the same. Takes me an hour to get to Blue Crabs Stadium, map shows Manassas about an hour and fifteen away. However I absolutely hate driving on 495 and don't want to do it more than I need to. Waldorf lot is really good and I think it's worth the drive. Plus, I imagine AI may have a couple events at Waldorf that I would go to. I'd just rather not drive that kind of distance for every event, especially when CDC, WDCR, AI, and both PCAs have a boat load of events much closer and easier for me to get to.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

They're actually about the same. Takes me an hour to get to Blue Crabs Stadium, map shows Manassas about an hour and fifteen away. However I absolutely hate driving on 495 and don't want to do it more than I need to. Waldorf lot is really good and I think it's worth the drive. Plus, I imagine AI may have a couple events at Waldorf that I would go to. I'd just rather not drive that kind of distance for every event, especially when CDC, WDCR, AI, and both PCAs have a boat load of events much closer and easier for me to get to.
    Understood. Manassas events look good to me because they're "only" 55 miles away. As for Waldorf, that 190 mile R/T always kind of sucked (Bowie was 170 R/T). I'm actually 5 miles closer to Cumberland than to Waldorf. This may all be moot for me though, because I don't really have an easily autocrossable car right now. The M3 is going to be a trailer queen soon, and I don't know about towing to autocrosses. Eventually I'll get something else.

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    The M3 is going to be a trailer queen soon, and I don't know about towing to autocrosses.
    Uh oh... secreTTT weaponZZZZ?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    Uh oh... secreTTT weaponZZZZ?!?!?!?
    I'm going to try racing. The car is slowly being transformed. I do plan to at least bring it to the AX school.

Just for fun, here's footage from Anders Skandsen's first ever race last weekend at VIR. You can check out his racing blog here.

I want to be like Anders when I grow up...

Are all these events going to be added to the NCC main schedule at http://www.nccbmwcca.org/content.php ?

Quote Originally Posted by SamB325es View Post
    I want to be like Anders when I grow up...
    You want to speak funny languages? :P

Thread Information