Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2011) F125 @ BMW Autocross?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: (2011) F125 @ BMW Autocross?

(2011) F125 @ BMW Autocross?

So yea, I'm without a vehicle for the season. The Corolla is going through a massive revamping, taking it out of commission for the entire season. For an interim drive, I've bought a shifter kart. Whats the status of running my shifter at BMW events?

BTW, I can run non-comp, I dont care about running in a class, just looking for more seat time.

I don't think we were allowed to run them with the contracts/rules we had in the past, but this was back in the team.bar days. I think there is something in the BMWCCA National rules preventing it...

I doubt anyone has looked into it recently though.

JN,

Not to go off topic, but are you trying to compete with Ed C, Danny or Alan in number of cars?! Also, pics please of said kart.

JN
    http://autocrossr.blogspot.com/
    1986 Toyota AE86
    2008 mx5 prht stormy blue

Damn, another lost to the dark side... haha j/k. Though I would say you've been hanging around Danny a bit too much lol.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Quote Originally Posted by hepcatz View Post
    JN,

Not to go off topic, but are you trying to compete with Ed C, Danny or Alan in number of cars?! Also, pics please of said kart.

JN
    No, I'm trying to consolidate actually. I only have three cars (my time trial car, the Corolla and my tow vehicle) and a kart. I've sold off or given away any excess. Frank has more cars than me.

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    Damn, another lost to the dark side... haha j/k. Though I would say you've been hanging around Danny a bit too much lol.
    Not gone forever AJ, I'm just fully prepping the Corolla for the FSP grid next season. Everything allowable under the rule book is being applied to the car, so it's totally out of commission.

Only thing I could find in the BMWCCA Operations Manual was this:

j. Competitors driving karts of any kind are required to wear a collar type neck brace designed for
    motorsports use, as well as gloves, jackets and full length pants made of leather, vinyl, abrasion
    resistant nylon or equivalent.

Note: Due to their special safety considerations, karts are exempt from requiring seat belts.

No where does it say Karts are not allowed. Unless the National Capital Chapter or our chair does not allow it, as long as your wearing the proper safety gear I don't see why you couldn't run it. I'd have to make you a class though. Maybe Doug or Jonathan will chime in with a definite answer.

No need for a class, "non-comp" would be fine unless some other karters want to join in.

Quote Originally Posted by Highflyr777 View Post
    Only thing I could find in the BMWCCA Operations Manual was this:

j. Competitors driving karts of any kind are required to wear a collar type neck brace designed for
    motorsports use, as well as gloves, jackets and full length pants made of leather, vinyl, abrasion
    resistant nylon or equivalent.

Note: Due to their special safety considerations, karts are exempt from requiring seat belts.

No where does it say Karts are not allowed. Unless the National Capital Chapter or our chair does not allow it, as long as your wearing the proper safety gear I don't see why you couldn't run it. I'd have to make you a class though. Maybe Doug or Jonathan will chime in with a definite answer.
    Hope you know what you just got yourselves into hahah. If you'll allow karts, I expect to see more than just James running out there soon enough.

If it isn't anywhere in the rules, you should definitely NOT run karts and cars at the same time on course. Thing can get pretty ugly...

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

I will have to do some research, its been done as a one off thing in the past, but as a common occurrence I will have to look and see if there isany prior precedent for it, and make sure insurance and all that jazz is ok with it

Quote Originally Posted by flohtingPoint View Post
    So yea, I'm without a vehicle for the season. The Corolla is going through a massive revamping, taking it out of commission for the entire season. For an interim drive, I've bought a shifter kart. Whats the status of running my shifter at BMW events?
    Did you buy the one Danny had posted about?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Luda View Post
    I will have to do some research, its been done as a one off thing in the past, but as a common occurrence I will have to look and see if there isany prior precedent for it, and make sure insurance and all that jazz is ok with it
    Doug,

This is something I'd recommend getting an official, documented response from our national organization.

Also, there are many more safety considerations we have to take into account if we are permitted to run karts on our autocross courses. I'll review them offline with you if you get the "ok" from our national organization / insurance provider.

Jonathan Thayer

p.s. This would be a good way to get a few extra participants at our events. Additionally, they rarely hit cones, so it's easy on course workers (imagine getting slugged with a 3-5# cone in a kart - OUCH).

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Doug,

This is something I'd recommend getting an official, documented response from our national organization.

Also, there are many more safety considerations we have to take into account if we are permitted to run karts on our autocross courses. I'll review them offline with you if you get the "ok" from our national organization / insurance provider.

Jonathan Thayer

p.s. This would be a good way to get a few extra participants at our events. Additionally, they rarely hit cones, so it's easy on course workers (imagine getting slugged with a 3-5# cone in a kart - OUCH).
    Philly ran the shifter karts with us on Sun. I had 1 in line in front of me, all in all, they were a royal PITA, I heard several drivers referring to karts as" a blight on the sport", probably because of many reruns caused be spins and stalls, which require a worker to push start the kart, in itself, a tricky operation, Danny pushed a kart for about 1/4 of the course, finally got it going. On a positive note, I've never had more fun driving anything else.

Hopefully I'll be able to run the F125 because my Corolla is now for sale. I had a change of heart and am now moving on from the car. Only karting in autocross for me from here on out.

Thread Information