Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 03/19/2011 - Autocross @ Regency Furniture Stadium - Page 8
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 03/19/2011 - Autocross @ Regency Furniture Stadium

I hope to get the canine transport ready for Saturday. I'm in the middle of replacing the front right half-axle, water pump and thermostat so wish me luck. Are any other wagons or xi's going to be there?
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Quote Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz View Post
    Live off Baughmans Ln...
    That's cool. I'm not far away -- near Rosemont. If you want to meet up in advance, we can caravan down for the AM session.

I am having a few issues...if I can get them solved I will head down. If I'm not comfortable with how it feels...I may just stay in Frederick. Also, may do the PM session. Can you do both am and pm?

Rosemont is very close....my parents actually live on Fairview.

Looks like Danny finished in the trophies (3rd)....James had a solid day two as well.

Good question about AM and PM.

I don't remember the answer, but I think you can if you register twice. If I get my suspension installed in time, I think I will try and do both AM and PM as a test and tune. If not, just AM.

It's good to know that there are more people in Frederick. Andy Thomas lives up this way too -- he's a great guy, but doesn't do that much NCC BMW stuff.

I'd like the extra seat time as well...still getting used to the real LSD and A6's.

I was practicing today on the Autobahn in a TDI Audi A4....

I think autocross might seem a bit slow next weekend.

A few other sights from the trip:

Alpina B10

X6. You can't see it, but on the left side the BMW badge is replaced with one that says "Best 1"

Parked around the corner from my hotel in front of the Waldorf-Astoria. Front plates inidicated that it was an Emirati Prince....

my pimp ride, on wintersport 3Ds, lol....6speed and diesel. It pulls hard....

Quote Originally Posted by 95Maxrider View Post
    Assuming all goes well with the new transmission install, I will register tomorrow! I'm kind of giddy about driving my car for the first time in 4 months, and on top of that I've got lots of new toys to play with too!

Let's see, for this year I should have:
    A VLSD transmission with 10k miles on it. New 3rd gear. All gears detailed, deburred and shot peened. All shift forks detailed. All new bearings and seals. New 5th gen clutch to replace my SPEC stage 2 POS. Shifter from a 97 Maxima (they shift smoother) that has been cut 1". Custom Sentra poly shifter bushings.

Darius' steering rack from his totaled 97 Maxima since the aftermarket 99 rack I bought wasn't set up quick enough for my liking.

Battery relocation and custom air box.

Camber plates with upgraded bearings.

Aluminum steering column bushing.

And an NWP engine torque link!

After driving around a 5 cylinder Acura for the last 4 months this is gonna feel sooooo good.....Now I just need to find some nice roads to put 500 miles on the new clutch before the event...any suggestions?

So Josh, did you ever figure out how to drive your car with the new suspension parts?
    damn, I knew that you beating me that one time would go to your head Nick....lol

Remains to be seen about the suspention, but I did get a little stickier....

shaved 245 AD08s

Of course, looks like there are 1, 2, 3 r-comped cars now signed up for my class. So I'm probably gonna lose big in class anyhow.

Last edited by irish44j; 03-13-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    damn, I knew that you beating me that one time would go to your head Nick....lol

Remains to be seen about the suspention, but I did get a little stickier....

shaved 245 AD08s

Of course, looks like there are 1, 2, 3 r-comped cars now signed up for my class. So I'm probably gonna lose big in class anyhow.

I know it's only going to happen once, so I had to make the most of it!

Those wheels and tires officially unlock the "Baller Status" achievement. You must be excited!

---------------2009 XS 2nd place, 2010 X3 3rd place, 2011 X3 Champion---------------
    --------------------5-speed, Full DE-K Swap, 205 whp 199 wtq SAE----------------------
    -----------------Enkei RPM2-235/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 & A/S+-----------------

Haven't registered yet but looks like so far it'll be atleast 7 Miata's vs 2 Civics in X4 hahah. Looking forward to it!

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Bump up 3 classes and play in X1 .

looks like a couple of TurboBricks signed up in X1 and X2. I do love me some bricks....

Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    Good question about AM and PM.

I don't remember the answer, but I think you can if you register twice. If I get my suspension installed in time, I think I will try and do both AM and PM as a test and tune. If not, just AM.

It's good to know that there are more people in Frederick. Andy Thomas lives up this way too -- he's a great guy, but doesn't do that much NCC BMW stuff.

Here is another Frederickster... I'm fairly new in the area though. So you're telling me that you guys are getting up @ 5AM on a Saturday just to get in on the AM session? What's wrong with the PM run?
    *Butter Pecan Papi*
    '07 e92 335i & '00 e46 323i

All the pros run am for the mad 1337 grip...

In actuality it's personal preference

Quote Originally Posted by b-pecan View Post
    Here is another Frederickster... I'm fairly new in the area though. So you're telling me that you guys are getting up @ 5AM on a Saturday just to get in on the AM session? What's wrong with the PM run?
    I am probably going to run PM. Leaving Frederick by 6am is not too appealing. I move slowly in the morning, have to switch tires, etc. Primary advantage to running in the morning (besides having the rest of your day) is to avoid the traffic on 495 Sat afternoon.....it is always slow on Sat evening somehow.

Thread Information