Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 03/19/2011 - Autocross @ Regency Furniture Stadium - Page 19
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: 03/19/2011 - Autocross @ Regency Furniture Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    If, in fact, a greater risk is had during the drive to and from the event, why is my helmet on the floor during the greatest risk driving segment of my day?! DUH!
    Because we care more about safety than our government does ...

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I thought I heard someone say after your third run that someone was going to talk to you about this. I guess you continued to do it.
    Nobody said anything to me. I lifted before the finish on my first run, tried full throttle through the beam on my second or third run and went through the gap in the cone wall and thought, "Hey, this works!" And was probably getting on the gas quicker coming out of that 180 on subsequent runs (flat out -- because that's how I drive -- through the kink before the finish, too).

Certainly this is a grey area, and in my opinion if you don't hit a cone, no DNF should be assessed. I am confident that next time (1) the finish area will be longer (2) the cones marking the finish area will be spaced closer together. Congrats on your win in that big vintage boat.
    That's the way I saw it, too. Go off course and it's a DNF but return to the course exactly where you went off and it's not a DNF. If there are going to be special rules* about the course, it should be explained at the driver's meeting.

I'm not trying to make a big issue out of it since it was just screw around time for me, but it would be good to know if something like that is an issue.

* I think there was a WDCR autocross last year or the year before where after the start you could have gone "off course" before tripping the start beam and turned around to get a better run at the beam, and it was explained that anybody who tried that would be given a DNF.

Pat

P.S. My car is around 3,130 without driver. With single-piston calipers (10.5" rotor in front). And last year's Hoosiers.
    '03 Lightning | '82 Camaro Z28

Pat, I was working out on the course during your runs. It appeared from my station that you were unable to stop after the finish before going through the wall at the end. Apparently you were able to do this without hitting any cones because they were spaced too far apart. (I did the same thing on one of my runs). Anyway there was radio chatter about whether this should be considered DNF or not. I thought I heard someone say after your third run that someone was going to talk to you about this. I guess you continued to do it. Certainly this is a grey area, and in my opinion if you don't hit a cone, no DNF should be assessed. I am confident that next time (1) the finish area will be longer (2) the cones marking the finish area will be spaced closer together. Congrats on your win in that big vintage boat.
    Woody
    Wow, how did I miss these spaced cones? Damn, I would have done the same thing

Technically, is it NOT a DNF ... if it was such a problem, additional cones should have been added there to close the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by patred View Post
    Nobody said anything to me. I lifted before the finish on my first run, tried full throttle through the beam on my second or third run and went through the gap in the cone wall and thought, "Hey, this works!" And was probably getting on the gas quicker coming out of that 180 on subsequent runs (flat out -- because that's how I drive -- through the kink before the finish, too).

That's the way I saw it, too. Go off course and it's a DNF but return to the course exactly where you went off and it's not a DNF. If there are going to be special rules* about the course, it should be explained at the driver's meeting.

I'm not trying to make a big issue out of it since it was just screw around time for me, but it would be good to know if something like that is an issue.

* I think there was a WDCR autocross last year or the year before where after the start you could have gone "off course" before tripping the start beam and turned around to get a better run at the beam, and it was explained that anybody who tried that would be given a DNF.

Pat

P.S. My car is around 3,130 without driver. With single-piston calipers (10.5" rotor in front). And last year's Hoosiers.
    I didn't get the opportunity to get a good look at your car - how did you get the weight that far down? Or are you the size of Neil Simon?

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    I didn't get the opportunity to get a good look at your car - how did you get the weight that far down? Or are you the size of Neil Simon?
    It's an 1982 Z28 (presumably the earlier the year, the lighter it is without extra bracing and other safety crap), OEM fiberglass hood, no AC, no radio, four-speed T10 transmission that is tiny compared to the five-speed T5. Probably some other stuff I'm forgetting. Still full interior albeit with race seats. It's probably more like 3350 with me in it.

Pat
    '03 Lightning | '82 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by patred View Post
    Interesting. BMW says my M Coupe is 3,131 lbs.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Interesting. BMW says my M Coupe is 3,131 lbs.
    But it's actually slightly lighter in stock form, about the 3,050 mark. In stock form, my car rolled over the scales at 3280 with full fluids and me in the car. Assume 230 lbs for a big driver.

Quote Originally Posted by ea-sport View Post
    I was actually concerned with all the development around the stadium. I'd imagine a few years from now after those houses are sold and we have more people living around the stadium we may have difficulty getting that lot for autocross. Well, for now we can enjoy it while it lasts...
    This would be a good time to start being good neighbors. Bring quiet(er) cars, no hooning arriving or leaving the place, etc etc.

PS still don't know what "OUT" means in the results

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

Once the houses become occupied, do you think we'd be allowed to continue using the facility if we promised to drive so slow there would be no tire squealing?
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by Claff View Post
    PS still don't know what "OUT" means in the results
    If your time has "OUT" listed it means you bailed on your worker assignment. Your times will not count for the event or for points. If you feel you did your duties or simply forgot to check back with us after your worker assignment please contact us directly at nccautocross@gmail.com or you can pm me or Luda directly. Please do not respond on the forums as this is a private matter.

There were a couple people that couldn't seem to behave on the street when leaving the event, I recall a black Chevy, maybe it was a Vette that had to do a burn out then spin wheel in first and second from the stop sign when leaving. just what we don't need.

Once the houses become occupied, do you think we'd be allowed to continue using the facility if we promised to drive so slow there would be no tire squealing?
    We ran at the Dover "Monster mile" on Sun. and they were very concerned with a couple of loud cars, I wonder how loud the good old boys are there. although we were outside on the lot, it was pretty good, a little bigger than Waldorf..

Quote Originally Posted by jbrannon7 View Post
    There were a couple people that couldn't seem to behave on the street when leaving the event, I recall a black Chevy, maybe it was a Vette that had to do a burn out then spin wheel in first and second from the stop sign when leaving. just what we don't need.
    the cobalt maybe? the only black vette at the event doesnt have a second gear right now.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Luda View Post
    the cobalt maybe? the only black vette at the event doesnt have a second gear right now.... lol
    No, I'm pretty sure he means a black corvette as I saw the way it left the facility ...

it wasn't a subaru doing a burnout, I can tell you that for sure

but yeah, I heard 2 or 3 people hauling ass out of the stadium road while I was changing tires at the end of the event.....

all it takes is a few bad apples...

Thread Information