Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 03/19/2011 - Autocross @ Regency Furniture Stadium - Page 4
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 03/19/2011 - Autocross @ Regency Furniture Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    Wes, tell me more about this. My broke ass needs any discount that I can get....I won X2 class last season.
    Josh,

Since you are a class winner you get the season subscription for $100 when you register for the 3-19 event and $90 when you register for the 4-23 event.

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by 98_ta_emlc View Post
    Remember young grasshoppa...it's all driver, not what's driven
    to a point, eventually you can hit a point where te car just cant do what your telling it to do

Quote Originally Posted by Highflyr777 View Post
    Josh,

Since you are a class winner you get the season subscription for $100 when you register for the 3-19 event and $90 when you register for the 4-23 event.

Wes
    best news I've heard in weeks! I'm already registered for the 3-19 event so I guess I'll get it next time.

admin, might want to change car #103 (John Lattanzio) into X1 vice X2 where he signed up.

I don't think a Corvette falls into the X2 displacement range, unless he did a swap for a V6, lol....
    Last edited by Luda; 03-07-2011 at 03:46 PM.

I don't think he's coming anyways. He hasn't paid yet and is not returning e-mails. So I've removed him from the registration list.

admin, might want to change car #103 (John Lattanzio) into X1 vice X2 where he signed up.

I don't think a Corvette falls into the X2 displacement range, unless he did a swap for a V6, lol....
    Sounds like someone is scared of the mean old corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Luda View Post
    If I were a ditch, I'd be scared too

Quote Originally Posted by Luda View Post
    nah, just don't want to make him and his 8 cylinders feel bad

besides, I'm considering up-classing to X1 this season, especially if I keep seeing S2000's with R-comps signing up for X2...which will most certainly be faster than me on my street tires. If I had run X1 last year I would have had 2 or 3 event wins (I had exactly zero in X2, lol)
    Last edited by irish44j; 03-07-2011 at 11:27 PM.

nah, just don't want to make him and his 8 cylinders feel bad

besides, I'm considering up-classing to X1 this season, especially if I keep seeing S2000's with R-comps signing up for X2...which will most certainly be faster than me on my street tires. If I had run X1 last year I would have had 2 or 3 event wins (I had exactly zero in X2, lol)
    It's not up to me, but I don't think up-classing should be allowed in the X classes. No one can prove to me that one particular X class is faster than another. Therefore up-classing may just be a means of getting away from your proper competition.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Hi all,

I have a problem selecting a number for the car. The dropdownlist has two available values:
    blank and "...". Either selection gives error "You must choose a number for Vehicle Information"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	1312

Thank you.
    Last edited by mduhovich; 03-08-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    It's not up to me, but I don't think up-classing should be allowed in the X classes. No one can prove to me that one particular X class is faster than another. Therefore up-classing may just be a means of getting away from your proper competition.
    X classes are so broad as it is I don't know if that matters much. You've got bone stock/tuner/mod all lumped in together. I actually judge my times, or consider my primary competition, the comparable BMW stock class, not the X class where I get spanked on a regular basis. Not complaining though, it is a BMW club after all.

Quote Originally Posted by mduhovich View Post
    Hi all,

I have a problem selecting a number for the car. The dropdownlist has two available values:
    blank and "...". Either selection gives error "You must choose a number for Vehicle Information"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	1312

Thank you.
    Maria send me what numbers you want to use and ill take. care of it.

Wes

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    some could argue that pretty much any car on street tires is not "proper competition" for any car on r-comps.

when you consider that a WRX and S2000, stock for stock, are pretty even to start with on an autocross course .....then you add r-comps to an already capable roadster....is it really "proper competition" for a 4-door sedan on street tires, even with a turbo? Or pretty much any other car on street tires, for that matter?

my suggestion in the off-season was to make r-comps a 2-class bump, or just make a single r-comp class. They make a far greater difference to a car's capability on course than a turbo or a rotary does, IMO.

I was a proponent of just making X1 an r-comp class and condensing the four "street tire" classes into three with larger displacement ranges. Especially these days when displacement doesn't have alot to do with power or how fast a car is in autocross, really. Miatas and S2000s and Evos can clean the clock of most V8 cars out there in autocross....

but whatever, it's just for the sake of argument. I'm gonna stay in X2 for the sake of running against all the other cars similar in performance to mine (the WRXs, Mazdaspeed3s, 350zs, etc) and they guys I ran against last year. The comment about switching to X1 was just a comeback to Luda saying I was scared of the big bad corvette
    Last edited by irish44j; 03-08-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highflyr777 View Post
    Maria send me what numbers you want to use and ill take. care of it.

Wes

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Hi Wes,

Any number from the second part of the AM session should work. I guess 171, 177, 181, are easy. Should I try registering for PM and then you'll transfer me? It does not allow me to finish my registration without selecting a number.

Thank you.

I was a proponent of just making X1 an r-comp class and condensing the four "street tire" classes into three with larger displacement ranges. Especially these days when displacement doesn't have alot to do with power or how fast a car is in autocross, really. Miatas and S2000s and Evos can clean the clock of most V8 cars out there in autocross....
    I hadn't noticed your proposal before. I think it makes a lot of sense. Too bad it wasn't brought up at our annual meeting last month. It might have been adopted.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Thread Information