Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 03/19/2011 - Autocross @ Regency Furniture Stadium - Page 16
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 03/19/2011 - Autocross @ Regency Furniture Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by ElGordoFeroz View Post
    The only other car on the lot with an LSD was bright yellow, and he didn't like it
    there are other lots, lol....

Apparently Turbo SS's are hard to come by, only made for about 2-3 years. Other than that the SS's were supercharged.

Great course and a great first event of the season! Thanks to everybody who made it happen.

Thanks also to Katie for the excellent pictures.

See you next time!
    Tim_in_MD
    76 2002
    86 911
    14 GMC Sierra Z71

Thanks for the great pics!
    http://autocrossr.blogspot.com/
    1986 Toyota AE86
    2008 mx5 prht stormy blue

Man, I'm upset i missed this one. It looked like fun. I didnt even realize the autox season had started. I'll put the next one on my calendar!

Quote Originally Posted by GabeD1 View Post
    Man, I'm upset i missed this one. It looked like fun. I didnt even realize the autox season had started. I'll put the next one on my calendar!
    you should have been over helping Karen with her diff bushings, shouldn't have you?

btw, Nick may now be faster in the i30 than either of us ever were in the maximas....no kidding. If he ever gets some dedicated autocross rubber, it'll be scary.

Just realized I probably won't see some of you BMW guys for atleast 5, probably 7, months lol. Well, unless there's another school in Bowie or w/e before then. Oh well, can't wait to see you guys at Waldorf again!

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Thanks to everyone for putting on a great event! This was my first ever auto-x and it was the perfect avenue to put my newly acquired '95 540/6 through its paces. I left a lot of speed on the course due to the 600+ treadwear tires (and 15" wheels) that came with the car. I couldn't really get on it without smoking one tire and the understeer was difficult to deal with at times. I'll stick with my e28 for HPDEs and future auto-x events, at least until I can get some decent rubber and an LSD under the 540.
    Last edited by tsmall07; 03-20-2011 at 09:21 PM.
    1985 535i - Moving toward track car status
    1995 540/6 - DD and highway cruiser. I'm trying really hard to not modify this one.

Any news on when the results will be posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Petrovich View Post
    Any news on when the results will be posted?
    Soon we're working on them now.

Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvhu4AU-O6o

I think I was slowing a bit too much coming out of the crossover into the tight rt hand turn.
    Less brakes next time...

Thanks for the positive comments for the course.

Here's my playlist containing my last three runs.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/gohmchin...95AEF2F69AD4ED
    http://autocrossr.blogspot.com/
    1986 Toyota AE86
    2008 mx5 prht stormy blue

Quote Originally Posted by SamB325es View Post
    Thanks for the positive comments for the course.
    Did you design the course? My only input would be to move the finish back. That last corner was perfect to lead into the finish, but it could have ended at the last single cone or earlier, in my opinion. Any type of slalom or offset can get a car going into a spin. A decreasing radius sweeper is perfect for slowing the car w/o any sudden change in direction, hopefully allowing a controlled stop.

I enjoyed the event and I'll be back for the next one.
    1987 Volvo 240

I agree that the course was lots of fun. My only beef was also with the finish. I believe the finish chute should have been longer. My car has good brakes and sticky tires, and I still had trouble bringing it to a stop or near-stop within the length of the chute. Perhaps moving the finish line 10 feet earlier would have solved this problem.

Thanks for designing such a fun course.
    Last edited by skeeler; 03-21-2011 at 02:02 PM.
    Michael
    Current: 2009 MX-5 Miata in X4.
    In Prep: 1995 MX-5 Miata in X4.

I was actually concerned with all the development around the stadium. I'd imagine a few years from now after those houses are sold and we have more people living around the stadium we may have difficulty getting that lot for autocross. Well, for now we can enjoy it while it lasts...

Thread Information