Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 03/05/2011 - NCCAutocross School - Bowie, MD - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 03/05/2011 - NCCAutocross School - Bowie, MD

How are we on number of instructors? A friend of mine was interested if you could use another. He is easily as good of a driver as I am with a couple more years of experince.
    2005 Subaru STi X2 by way of STU
    2009 Autocrossers Inc. STU series champion
    2010 Autocrossers Inc. STU runner up (never let Shane drive your car)

What are the helmet requirments? Will a DOT be good enough or do they require a SA?
    No matter where you go, there you are!

Quote Originally Posted by TWS View Post
    How are we on number of instructors? A friend of mine was interested if you could use another. He is easily as good of a driver as I am with a couple more years of experince.
    Yes, we need more instructors. Please bring him along on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by rrsperry View Post
    What are the helmet requirments? Will a DOT be good enough or do they require a SA?
    DOT helmets are a no-go. Must be Snell M or SA rated within the last three revisions.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    DOT helmets are a no-go. Must be Snell M or SA rated within the last three revisions.
    So.....2000 M/SA helmets are still ok with you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz View Post
    So.....2000 M/SA helmets are still ok with you guys?
    Directly from the BMWCCA Operations Manual:

Example: If the current standard is Snell 2010, then helmets meeting either Snell 2010 or the prior 2005 standard are always allowed. In addition, Snell 2000 helmets may be used through the grace period until the end of calendar 2011.

60 degrees and dry tomorrow....can't do much better for early March. Finally got the car all packed up this afternoon. Can't wait to get out there.

Gah. I really wish I could make it out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to everyone who organized this event. It was a blast!

PS. Does anyone have Adam's info?

I had a good time...stinks that time became an issue. I tried to jump in and make one run at the end, but was rewarded with my seat breaking....oh well. I hope to make it down on the 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by mduhovich View Post
    Thanks to everyone who organized this event. It was a blast!

PS. Does anyone have Adam's info?
    Just PM him here ("Adam"). He usually notices new PM's within a week or two

Also, I saw a whole bunch of people snapping pictures. Is there any flickr links, etc for the club?

Here's a video of the course taken by James, one of the instructors:

Students,

Thank you for attending our school yesterday. It's always a great time watching and seeing how much you learn and develop during a single day. Most went from bad to very capable I especially liked all the front tire roasting mini's out there. Make sure to add all our events to your calendar - we have two other fantastic, open lots that we will be using the rest of the year. Also, when coming to our normal events, feel free to ask for ride along with instructors. I highly suggest that your first event out, you register for the PM session, but arrive early enough for the second half of the AM session. A good majority of our instructor core group runs the second half of the AM session at our events. Ask for a ride along (my passenger seat sometimes has a waiting list, but I'm always accommodating).

Instructors,

Thanks x 1,000,000. It was nice to see so many out, even though one of you had the nerve to bring a Prius (Booger).

Committee,

Great job guys and thanks again for organizing. I think it was an excellent school. And the chick-fil-a was very tasty.

Thanks for having me as an instructor, had a lot of fun. I'm glad the rain held off all day.
    http://autocrossr.blogspot.com/
    1986 Toyota AE86
    2008 mx5 prht stormy blue

Thread Information