Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2011) Annual AutoX Meeting - Febuary 5th
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: (2011) Annual AutoX Meeting - Febuary 5th

(2011) Annual AutoX Meeting - Febuary 5th

The Autocross program will be hosting its annual meeting on febuary 5th, we are finalizing our decision of venue and i will have it posted as soon as we have it locked down.

What: NCC Autocross's Annual Meeting
    When: Febuary 5th, 13:00
    Where: 8280 Willow Oaks drive (lower level conference room)

upon making the turn onto willow oaks drive make your first right, go into the parking garage, and park on level b and proceed towards the foyer entrance.

Call me [703 731 2115] if you have any issues getting there

This meeting will be open to everyone, we will be discussing the upcoming season, any changes, final schedule, lots, classing, etc, so if you want to be heard, please attend this event!
    Last edited by Luda; 02-05-2011 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luda View Post
    The Autocross program will be hosting its annual meeting on febuary 5th, we are finalizing our decision of venue and i will have it posted as soon as we have it locked down.

What: NCC Autocross's Annual Meeting
    When: Febuary 5th, 17:00
    Where: TBD

This meeting will be open to everyone, we will be discussing the upcoming season, any changes, final schedule, lots, classing, etc, so if you want to be heard, please attend this event!
    Hey Doug,

Good to see that you're planning the annual meeting - are there any rule changes on the table at this point? If so, would you mind please posting a summary either here or in a separate thread to spark conversation and a venue to voice opinions for those who can't attend on this short notice?

Best,

Jonathan

Feb 5th? If it's not far out of the way, I can definitely attend.

I should be able to go. Looking forward to it!
    Last edited by civicexracer; 01-19-2011 at 01:33 AM.

Why would anyone want to change the rules? Aren't they perfect? Well, I imagine someone will have a gripe.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I have a few ideas of things to do with the non-bmw classes

I'm going to try to attend. I certainly prefer last year's non-BMW classing to the prior year's (which was in part based on tires, which in my case pushed me into a higher category). As a non-BMW (and sometimes BMW) participant, I'm interested in new classings, but the simple classifications we have are nice and appropriate for the club, IMHO, as compared to the voluminous SCCA classifications.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Why would anyone want to change the rules? Aren't they perfect? Well, I imagine someone will have a gripe.
    I'm contemplating building a 5 series M wagon, will a "touring class " be introduced??

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Blank View Post
    the simple classifications we have are nice and appropriate for the club, IMHO, as compared to the voluminous SCCA classifications.
    SCCA is fairly simple. NASA, on the other hand, probably has the worst classification model in the world. Myself and some other WDCR folks were having quite the laugh at their math based system earlier this month while trying to do calculus to figure out our classes.

Quote Originally Posted by flohtingPoint View Post
    SCCA is fairly simple. NASA, on the other hand, probably has the worst classification model in the world. Myself and some other WDCR folks were having quite the laugh at their math based system earlier this month while trying to do calculus to figure out our classes.
    I've never run with NASA, and only twice (and that was a few years ago) with SCCA. I haven't looked recently, but based on my mods, I'm not sure where I would fall under the SCCA classifications. I probably should look at that one day, just to see. I did enjoy my two events at FedEx with Autocrossers, Inc., at the time I felt they ran a good event. That said, I am very happy with the NCC events, they are always relaxed and a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by flohtingPoint View Post
    A number of other BMW club chapters use systems based on a certain number of points for each of the dozens of BMW models and a certain number of points for each of a hundred or so possible modifications. No thanks.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Hey Doug,

Good to see that you're planning the annual meeting - are there any rule changes on the table at this point? If so, would you mind please posting a summary either here or in a separate thread to spark conversation and a venue to voice opinions for those who can't attend on this short notice?

Best,

Jonathan
    There are no classing concerns at the moment, after reviewing timing and what not throughout the season the current system seems to keep everyone fairly competitive, now maybe we missed something, so if anyone things is isnt true please speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by Luda View Post
    There are no classing concerns at the moment, after reviewing timing and what not throughout the season the current system seems to keep everyone fairly competitive, now maybe we missed something, so if anyone things is isnt true please speak up.
    I personally think the classing is great - although, why wouldn't I? It's not like I had anything to do with the re-write =)

Thanks again committee members and actively involved participants for all that you do to make this program happen.

Best,

Jonathan Thayer

I won't be able to attend the meeting, but I'd like to suggest moving cars like Factory Five Racing cars out of X1... I know they don't show up to many events, but it's hard for my 4000 pound sedan, let alone the Corvettes, to compete with those when they do show up! Can there be a separate class for straight up race cars like those?

Quote Originally Posted by Terp_G8 View Post
    I won't be able to attend the meeting, but I'd like to suggest moving cars like Factory Five Racing cars out of X1... I know they don't show up to many events, but it's hard for my 4000 pound sedan, let alone the Corvettes, to compete with those when they do show up! Can there be a separate class for straight up race cars like those?
    i feel your pain, my times (along with everyone elses) times are completely trashed by the cobras, that being said they do not attend enough events to put them into trophy contention, so theres been no real motion to adjust the classing to accommodate them.

BUT if people feel this is something that needs to be address please give me your input and we will address it hear, and finally at the AutoX meeting.

Thread Information