Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Problem with Check Control on Dash

Thread: Problem with Check Control on Dash

Problem with Check Control on Dash

I have a 2003 BMW 325xi. The "CHECK CONTROL" display on the Instrument Panel sometimes shows and sometimes does that there is an issue with the "CHECK BRAKE & TAIL LAMP" on the passanger side. I've looked at the brake and tail lights and the appear to be working. Other functions on the display work properly, such as when you open a door and close it. Does anyone else have this issue, or have a fix for it?

Thanks,
    Skip

Quote Originally Posted by 55802 View Post
    I have a 2003 BMW 325xi. The "CHECK CONTROL" display on the Instrument Panel sometimes shows and sometimes does that there is an issue with the "CHECK BRAKE & TAIL LAMP" on the passanger side. I've looked at the brake and tail lights and the appear to be working. Other functions on the display work properly, such as when you open a door and close it. Does anyone else have this issue, or have a fix for it?

Thanks,
    Skip
    Try cleaning the metal bulb bases, a little corrosion will trigger the system, even new asian bulbs can be a problem.

It may mean that the ground wire in your tail lamp is on its way out. For some reason, BMW did a really crap job with that on the E46es. There's an OEM kit to fix it if you want, or you can just reground it. Pull the bulb fixture out and inspect the connector. If there's any melting around the brown wire, you want to deal with the sooner, rather than later.

IIRC, the fix is essentially to run a second wire to the metal bulb frame outside of the connector. It's been a while since I did it, though, so I'd pull up a DIY.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Have you actually verified that the tail light/brake light are working while the warning light is on? Sometimes a loose filament can cause an intermittent connection, which in turn causes an intermittent warning. If the warning light is coming on while the light is working, then it is probably something else...
    I'm the only 4 cylinder in this village!
    Caroline Miller
    LDIY Co Chair
    '97 Alaska Blau 318ti
    '95 Avus Blau M3

Thanks Bob! Happy New Year to you.... Skip

Thanks Nick! Happy New Year!
    Skip

Yes Caroline, I did that, and it stayed on. Thanks & Happy New Year! Skip

John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i