Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 03/13/2011 - DIY @ Fairfax Service Center

Thread: 03/13/2011 - DIY @ Fairfax Service Center

03/13/2011 - DIY @ Fairfax Service Center

Do It Yourself (DIY) Program Overview

The 2011 Do It Yourself (DIY) program allows National Capital Chapter (NCC) BMW Car Club of America (CCA) Members to work on their own cars under the supervision of expert mechanics and technicians provided by the DIY Sponsor. The purpose of the DIY is to learn and practice proper maintenance and repair techniques that you can routinely complete within a two-and-one-half-hour (2.5 hour) time period.

There are typically several NCC members who can assist you when an extra pair of hands or advice is needed. We are happy to show newcomers the joys of working on your own car. Most events start at between 8 am and 9 am and typically finish at 3 pm. Lunch for the event is provided by the club.

The DIY Program Webpage is here http://www.nccbmwcca.org/content.php?119-diy

This event offers online registration and payment through MotorsportReg.com.

REGISTER
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 12-28-2010 at 06:35 AM.

I have registered for the DIY event on 3/13 at Fairfax Service center but the total due is $0. Do I pay $20 in advance or pay at the event? Thanks

I would like to bring my own parts to this DIY (sensor, pads and rotors). Please let me know if this is OK and Fairfax approves.

Wayne, I don't think it charges you immediately. For me it did say I would be charged $20. I've only done one DIY, and it was done a little differently back then (you had to use PayPal).
    Last edited by ShadeTree; 03-06-2011 at 11:03 AM.

It would be beneficial to buy your parts from the shop hosting the event.

Fairfax DIY

Just found out I need to replace thermostat/housing. See that registration for the 3/13 DIY is closed. Any room .... cancellations, lack of interest, etc.? If so, do they have parts (metal housing)?

If someone cancels I will do my best to announce the open slot here. Try calling Reese or Maryam
    at 703-560-1700 to check on parts etc. Best regards, Mike

Another wait-lister

All the slots closed before I could register as well. I would like to change manual transmission and diff oil. Please advise if there are cancellations. I will keep watching this site.

Thanks

Need to cancel

I have an out of town family thing come up. I need to cancel. Please let me know what I need to do to cancel. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeTree View Post
    I have an out of town family thing come up. I need to cancel. Please let me know what I need to do to cancel. Thanks!
    you can go back into to motorsportreg.com and cancel your registration. i'm sure those that are waitlisted will appreciate that
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    you can go back into to motorsportreg.com and cancel your registration. i'm sure those that are waitlisted will appreciate that
    Thanks! Not sure why I did not think to look there. I cancelled through the motorsportreg.com site.

Good luck to all those who attend. I wish I could be there.

-Ray

Your credit card which is registered on Motorsportreg. will be charged on the day of the event.

I emailed everyone regarding ordering parts directley from FFSC. I don'believe however that it will be a problem.

If you are not already registered, there really is no latitude for this particular event due to it being time limited ,on a Sunday as well.

Because of the day and time limitations, we don't have much latitude on this; so walk ups may not be accomodated. You are however welcome to come by and see. I don't think I will even be able to change oil on my car.

Thread Information