Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2011) Next Years' Season - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: (2011) Next Years' Season

Links?

Are we going to try to give any preference to true novices? At the one I did two years ago, I think one event was the most experience anyone had, and that was mostly because it was scheduled after the first real autocross date. The sign-up wasn't "open", we threw our names on the list and got notified if we were in. While I'm not involved in organizing any of this, I'd say letting it morph into seat time or test & tune isn't great. It can be intimidating enough for a some of the novices already.

Michael, why don't you consider instructing at our school instead? It seems that we can always use more experienced drivers to help with that.

Ron.

I agree with Ron. IIRC last years novice schools over filled and got there fast. Keeping the initial registration open for novice and ones who may struggle the most would be best. Then if there's still room open then allow more experienced people in.

We definitly shouldn't go higher in numbers with students. The last novice school was a work out for the instructors lol. More instructors is always a plus. I can always ask around like last time so if you're down on numbers just let us know.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

I have seen other clubs give priority to novices and I think it works well. There are more autox schools in the area for the more experinced drivers (EVO phase 1, WDCR SCCA part 1 & 2) then there are for the true novice.

If you need instructors I would love to do. I had a great time instructing at the school last year.

Jon
    2005 Subaru STi X2 by way of STU
    2009 Autocrossers Inc. STU series champion
    2010 Autocrossers Inc. STU runner up (never let Shane drive your car)

If you guys are in need of instructors I would be willing to volunteer as well.....not sure you are interested since I haven't run an event with your group yet.

We always need instructors. I'll be advertising the school as soon as I can confirm that the registration is setup and open. Because it is such short notice I think the first school will be open to everyone at the same time. So keep looking for updates in the next few days. Hopefully we will be posting info on season subscriptions as well.

Is the school going to be at Bowie?

Quote Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz View Post
    Is the school going to be at Bowie?
    Affirmative.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Roger that.

Quote Originally Posted by etherpool View Post
    We always need instructors. I'll be advertising the school as soon as I can confirm that the registration is setup and open. Because it is such short notice I think the first school will be open to everyone at the same time. So keep looking for updates in the next few days. Hopefully we will be posting info on season subscriptions as well.
    All, I know that it's going to be a free for all, but I suggest letting the real newcomers have a shot at the school before turning it into a practice for the average or advanced. In the past, I was REALLY selective on who I admitted, with the criteria being those who have the least events experience (usually less than 3 events). It definitely makes for a more fun day for both instructors and and students alike if the material can be new participant related instead of advanced techniques.

I will see everyone on the 5th - if any students are reading this and have a Z3 (or something else very tail-happy), I'd love to be your instuctor

Iinstructing

I'm not the fastest driver in the West or anything, but I'd be glad to instruct if instructors are needed. Shoot me an e-mail at

michael charles gross (at) gmail (dot) YouKnowWhat

Do the instructors get to do any driving in their own cars? I should have my '95 ready to drive by then, and it'll need to be shaken down.

Michael
    Last edited by skeeler; 02-14-2011 at 10:30 PM.
    Michael
    Current: 2009 MX-5 Miata in X4.
    In Prep: 1995 MX-5 Miata in X4.

Thread Information