Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Tool to help replace RTAB on '95 M3!!

Thread: Tool to help replace RTAB on '95 M3!!

Tool to help replace RTAB on '95 M3!!

With 120K on the origianal bushings, I am having all the important ones replaced with "Powerflex" street bushings. I'm told that without "The Tool" the RTAB could take as long as 10 m/h to complete. With the Tool,, about 3 m/h. Does anyone have this "Tool" and would you rent it to me?? I want to do the work second week in march..

Bill Collins
    Annapolis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	11  

If someone has the tool, I'd be interested in doing an installfest. Should it be replacementfest?
    Drew
    1997 Boston Green ///M3 Coupe

Hey Bill, nice picture. That's me in the car.

Did Brant give you that pricing?

Oh, and you don't need a tool to get them out, just putting stock ones back in. To get them out, just drill into the rubber and run the drill all the way around the rubber to cut the center metal out. Then hammer a screw driver in between the arm and the outer most part of the bushing to collapse it. Then have fun with a sawzall cutting through the remaining rubber and outer metal. It'll slide out at that point. The PF bushings just bolt in after that. You don't press them in.
    Last edited by Doby; 02-24-2005 at 09:54 AM.

I've got the tool.

The one caveat is that I need to do James' RTABs as soon as I get my suspension back from Koni. (Which should have been before now! )

Thread Information