Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
e36 engine knocking

Thread: e36 engine knocking

e36 engine knocking

My '95 325i with 103K is consistently knocking. I can hear it primarily under light throttle, but it intermittently shows up under full throttle as well. I've tried several brands of gasoline as well, all 93 octane, and it doesn't go away.

I was under the impression that the knock sensors would retard timing until the knocking goes away when they sense knocking in the engine. The car has not thrown any codes related to the knock sensors being bad. Is it possible that they're bad, but not throwing a code? Anybody experience something like this, and figured out how to fix it?

Thanks.
    Sonti
    '95 325i
    Thanks,

Sonti

Try a few tankfulls of BG or other high quality fuel system treatment, you probably just have some Corbon that needs to be knocked off. If this dosn't work then think about the sensors (most likely they are not bad).

I had the same problem. BG seemed to help, but when i changed the spark plugs it was gone. My spark plugs were shot

Thread Information