Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 06/09/2011 - 06/10/2011 - Marque Madness VI @ VIR
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 06/09/2011 - 06/10/2011 - Marque Madness VI @ VIR

06/09/2011 - 06/10/2011 - Marque Madness VI @ VIR

Once again we will have a two-day drivers school on the world famous VIR full course along with the local Mercedes and Audi clubs.
    Details at http://www.gws-mbca.org/events/MarqueMadness2011.html

Registration is open on Motorsportreg.com.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 03-09-2011 at 10:35 AM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

So these dates are set in stone already? That's awesome planning if so!

Yep. Set in stone. We've asked for a repeat of last year's weather too.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    So these dates are set in stone already? That's awesome planning if so!
    Dates corrected.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Already made my reservations for 4 days.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Anyone with the intel on pricing? Also, where does everyone stay overnight?

I'm sure Woody will update the thread once he knows.
    FWIW, last year was $375.00.
    Most people stay at the Sleep Inn or at the track.
    Track is a bit pricey but convenient.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I heard from Mike Wirt earlier this week, and he said that the pricing would be available "very soon". I'm considering going this year; last year I opted for MazdaDrivers the following day, largely because they were running the Grand East format. From my unanswered email to Dave Nugent, as well as the lack of an update to the MazdaDrivers website, I'm guessing that they aren't having HPDE this season (and, in any event, Dave indicated last year that they weren't going to run Grand East anymore).

When I go to VIR I usually stay at the Best Western. I've heard very good things about the VIR lodging, but its pricey, you can't reserve online and no-one ever seems to pick up the phone. The few people I know of who stay at VIR lodging have shared a room to make it more affordable.

I have stayed at the Lodge at VIR a few times and find the walls to be paper thin.
    On the flip side, you roll out of bed and are at the track.

I haven't heard back from Dave either. I reserved 4 nights at the Sleep Inn just in case.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    I have stayed at the Lodge at VIR a few times and find the walls to be paper thin.

I haven't heard back from Dave either. I reserved 4 nights at the Sleep Inn just in case.
    I don't know Dave personally, but last year when I was going to miss the VIR event due to a blown diff, Dave helped me source a loaner diff (from Bret DePedro) that enabled me to go to the event. Dave is a good guy, I hope he's OK.

I'm not brave enough to suggest to my wife that I'll be at the track for 4 consecutive days! That's why I always had to choose between Marque Madness and MazdaDrivers.

From the VIR website, looks like MazdaDrivers will be there the weekend after Marque Madness, but only running the North course. For me, since I can only do 2 days, I would choose Marque Madness (full) over North course. Only variable is that Track Daze is at VIR the week before Marque Madness, also full course, probably for less $$ (and over the weekend!). Tough decisions!

MazdaDrivers has another VIR date (full) in late August that I won't be able to make. Track Daze is the only outfit I know of that will run Grand East format this season. They're doing day 1 full, day 2 Grand East. Last year they did this, with almost disastrous results, as day 2 one driver (did s/he miss the drivers meeting???) went left into the roller coaster at the top of the back straight, instead of going right into the bitch. There was almost a very dangerous, very high speed collision as a result; luckily, the car improperly setting up track right for the roller coaster narrowly missed the car properly coming from track left making the turn into the bitch. Very scary to see it on video.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Blank View Post
    From the VIR website, looks like MazdaDrivers will be there the weekend after Marque Madness, but only running the North course. For me, since I can only do 2 days, I would choose Marque Madness (full) over North course. Only variable is that Track Daze is at VIR the week before Marque Madness, also full course, probably for less $$ (and over the weekend!). Tough decisions!

MazdaDrivers has another VIR date (full) in late August that I won't be able to make. Track Daze is the only outfit I know of that will run Grand East format this season. They're doing day 1 full, day 2 Grand East. Last year they did this, with almost disastrous results, as day 2 one driver (did s/he miss the drivers meeting???) went left into the roller coaster at the top of the back straight, instead of going right into the bitch. There was almost a very dangerous, very high speed collision as a result; luckily, the car improperly setting up track right for the roller coaster narrowly missed the car properly coming from track left making the turn into the bitch. Very scary to see it on video.
    Wasn't it coned off? I've gone straight through there because I went in too hot and didn't think I could make the Bitch.
    Looks like I'll be canceling my reservations for the weekend after MM VI.

Second thought. The North is fun too. After all, I'm there already.
    Just need to remember to turn right.
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 02-10-2011 at 12:05 PM.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Wasn't it coned off? I've gone straight through there because I went in too hot and didn't think I could make the Bitch.
    Looks like I'll be canceling my reservations for the weekend after MM VI.

Second thought. The North is fun too. After all, I'm there already.
    Just need to remember to turn right.
    It was coned off, but there was a video posted (I can probably find the link on the TrackDaze forum), one car obviously didn't know/forgot about the change from Full to Grand East and was just hauling ass track right, and came up on the car in front of him that was coming left to right across the track at the bitch. The guy just blew straight through, it wasn't that he was set up track left and was going too fast, he came all the way up the back straight track right and stayed there (never even thought about turning, s/he wasn't set up for it). In the video, it looks like the two cars got fairly close (too close!). It's scary just thinking about it!

I was on the brakes as I went through the cones. There was also a barrier across the road.
    That is probably what led them to use the barrier.

I can see being focused on going straight.
    As I come out of Oak Tree I need to remind myself where I am going.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information