Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
P0455 code

Thread: P0455 code

P0455 code

I had check engine light and I had the code read at Autozone. The guy said it's P0455 - large leak in EVAP. I'm suspecting the problem is in the leak detection pump. Has anyone had this problem?
    Does anyone have a code reader I can borrow? It's been a while since I had the code read, and I'm not sure if they got all codes off of it. There might be something else that can point me to the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by ventsyv View Post
    I had check engine light and I had the code read at Autozone. The guy said it's P0455 - large leak in EVAP. I'm suspecting the problem is in the leak detection pump. Has anyone had this problem?
    Does anyone have a code reader I can borrow? It's been a while since I had the code read, and I'm not sure if they got all codes off of it. There might be something else that can point me to the right direction.
    The universal codes mean nothing for BMW's. Get a BMW specific tool. I have one, but I doubt you're willing to make the 2 hr trek here.

Yes they do. ODBII is a standard that's mandated by law. I've used a generic ODBII scanner on my BMW a number of times without any problems.
    BMW codes might be more specific, but in many instances ODBII codes provide enough information.

Having compared a generic OBDII reader, a Peake tool and a GT1, I can tell you that OBDII readers are often extremely misleading. The Peake tool provides significantly more data (best bang for the buck) and the GT1 is in a whole different league. I've spent time chasing my tail with OBDII codes only to learn that they were crap, or only a related issue (i.e. something shown by a non-OBDII code. Imagine getting one OBD-II code and then checking with a Peake tool and finding five others. OBDII isn't just less specific, it's incomplete.).

That said, large evap leak usually means either the gas cap is loose/failed or the purge valve has failed.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

It's not the gas cap. It could also be the Leak detection pump.

Thread Information