Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Preferred battery type of BMWs?

Thread: Preferred battery type of BMWs?

Preferred battery type of BMWs?

Folks,
    The original battery (4+ years old) in my 00 M5 is going to quit any day now, and I would like to pre-emptively replace it. I understand Douglas Battery makes BMW's batteries, and since the E39 M5 has a wierd placement (in the trunk, in the middle between the two exhaust pipes) I probably need to stick as close to the original as I can.

Does anyone know of a seller of either Douglas batteries in the MD/NoVA area? Or am I being a ninnie, and any maker of the right battery form-factor and amperage will do.

Thanks in advance
    Rich
    00 M5
    94 F-150 (the ultimate beater car!)

Banned

Batteries

I have good luck with Interstates. Last one I had lasted about 7 yrs. No fitment problems. My brother's battery is dying on 00 328ci. My recommendation Interstate. Not sure if a Diehard will fit properely. Someone told me there are only 2 or 3 battery manufactures in the US?

Battery Warehouse off King st. (Rt. 15) in Leesburg did carry them at one time - 703-777-4450.
    I've been happy with Interstate brand for my past purchases - make sure whichever you select has appropriate vent tube, etc. If you can't see the battery's case, no one will know you upgraded!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Try www.batteriesplus.com
    They have BMW fitments and I think the batteries are made by Douglas.

I bought my replacement battery from Batteries Plus off of Fairfax County Pkwy (7100). The store was near Jermantown Rd. I'll look for the number and post it for you when I find it. I have a 91 528i, and m battery is the same size as the OEM, and it works great.

Lowkey
    '97 528i 5 spd

Bit the bullet - so far, so good.

I found a Batteries Plus store in Rockville (the closest I could find to Baltimore) and went and got the replacement. You were right, its' made by Douglas. It's identical to the original (even down to the goofy white case!) and plugged right in.

Thanks to all!

Rich

00 M5
    94 F-150 (the ultimate beater car!)

Thread Information