Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Independent Shops with BG Products

Thread: Independent Shops with BG Products

Independent Shops with BG Products

Does anyone know of independent shops that offer BG Product Services? I'm looking to do the fuel system cleaning as preventative maintenance for carbon buildup in my 135i and prefer BG Products over Seafoam. However, I have also read that BG Products require special tools so would prefer to have a shop perform the work before my next oil change.

National Capital Chapter BMW CCA #367673

Check with Convenience Car Car. I remember BG doing a demonstration at one of our DIYs there last year.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

So, why exactly do you want to waste your money?
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

If you use decent, high octane gas (like you car requires), you should be fine. Your car is too new to need that.
    2008 BMW E92 335i Atlantic Blue - Dinan 2nd Stage, Sprint Booster, BMW Performance Exhaust
    1996 BMW E36 M3 Cosmos Black - Ground Control Struts, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, Treehouse Racing Control Arm brackets, Turner Racing Sway Bars, Sparco Strut Bar, Turner Rear Control arms, Toyo RA1s 255/40/17, - Engine Stock

I've read some horror stories from Audi FSI owners with bad carbon build up and since the N54 is direct injected as well, I figured some preventative fuel cleaning maintenance would not hurt.

I would prefer not to pay a BMW dealer for carbon cleaning when for under $10 I could seafoam the car regularly every 20,000 or so miles. I've heard good things about BG and wanted to try it out so I was looking to consult with an independent shop if its possible to DIY without the BG 9210 Inject-A-Flush® Apparatus which requires shop air.

I always use 93 gas and drive the car spiritedly as much as possible, but with direct injection carbon buildup is inevitable without using methanol/water injection and an oil catch can on these motors. Since both meth and an occ will void the warranty, I figure an easy solution would be to clean the valves with a fuel cleaning detergent prior to an oil change every now and then. Also, regular fuel system cleaner through the gas only cleans the injectors and not the valves on a direct injected car, which is why I was looking at seafoam or BG's air induction cleaner.
    Last edited by Tochenzo; 08-25-2010 at 04:16 PM.

So, let me get this straight: You think that because Audis have carbon problems, that your BMW must have them, too? There are plenty of reasons why I wouldn't touch an N54 based car, but carbon buildup isn't on the list.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Nick, I am sorry if I was unclear with my original post or offended you with my N54 question. I have read online about carbon buildup from Audi, VW, Porsche AND BMW direct injection engines (pretty much anything with direct injection) and although I know this is not a reliable source, the fact that BMW recommends carbon cleaning around 50,000 miles leads me to assume there is some sort of carbon buildup and I would prefer to do something to prevent paying for a $200 carbon cleaning. I know I am no expert and as a general consumer who would like to take care of their car, I am merely doing research to find more information related to this issue in order to prevent it in the future. After all, this particular section of this forum is "car care" and I did not realize I would be criticized for attempting to learn more about car care.

Believe me, I would gladly get back into an e36 again or acquire an e46 m3 which has been my longtime dream car, but I chose my car because I liked the looks, potential, and practicality of it and am enjoying it fairly well. I know the N54 has its share of problems as do all motors, but I am not really sure how this turned into a N54 debate. All I wanted to know was if anyone here knew of an independent shop that offered BG Products.

I am not sure if I may have been over-sensitive with my response, as it is hard to judge a person's tone over the internet. If I was mistaken, I apologize ahead of time. I just cannot stand people who post responses that do not contribute to the topic of the thread. If you thought I was wasting my money to begin with, tell me directly why instead of posting a question and leading me on. After two of your posts I still do not know why you believe I am wasting my money other than the fact you thought the purchase of my car was a waste of money. As for the N54 being a poor choice, I would love to hear your thoughts and pick your brain as well but I would like this thread to stay relative to the topic so we will have to discuss the N54 elsewhere.
    Last edited by Tochenzo; 08-25-2010 at 05:12 PM.

Tochenzo,
    I have had great luck with Curry’s Automotive and they have all the BG products you are looking for. Their web address is currysauto.com, they are all very knowledgeable. I would reccomend to call Bill Posthumus in Chantilly or email him (bposthumus@currysauto.com) he has always been great...
    I hope this helps,
    Jeff

I've always bought my BG products from on eBay.

Thread Information