Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
NJ chapter is having a school @ the Shenandoah 9-11 & 12th

Thread: NJ chapter is having a school @ the Shenandoah 9-11 & 12th

NJ chapter is having a school @ the Shenandoah 9-11 & 12th

Go to njbmwcca.org and register for this school if you want to drive this highly technical track in cooler weather. It is a weekend school. There are still slots open.
    They are a very friendly bunch.

Gerry Chan

PS I will be the classroom teacher for both days.
    1990 E30 M3 (white)
    2003 E46 M3 (white)
    1991 spec miata (blue)

I want to sign up for this, but why is it "required" to input the VIN of your car?
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Gerry, see you there, I'm signed up, does this mean you'll actually have your FrankenE30M3 on the track?
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

I don't know why the NJ chaper wants the vin #. Perhaps you can contact the registrar to ask him.

Chuck: I may have my E30 out on Sunday but I want to drive my spec miata becuse I have hardly driven it much this year,

Was up at Lightning last weekend with the Del/Val group and my oil pressure light came on as I was going to grid. Got a 170 mile flatbed ride courtesy of AAA. I have the Premier Plan so it cost me nada. Never got it on track but plenty of students and fellow instructors loaned me their cars so I got to try that track at speed. Their version of the bowl is too wide and the radius is too large also. The Karussel at the SC is way funner.

Gerry
    1990 E30 M3 (white)
    2003 E46 M3 (white)
    1991 spec miata (blue)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirichlet View Post
    I want to sign up for this, but why is it "required" to input the VIN of your car?
    Paranoia?
    Maybe they want to be sure the tech form matches the car.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Lightning's bowl is much closer to a 1/2-mile stock car oval - and more fun/challenging in my opinion. I'm in Wisconsin and will be trying road America's long, but flat "carousel " in a few days.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Woody: I am typing this response in the Park Plaza Hotel in the Wangfujing section of Beijing.
    The traffic here is second in gridlock only after Mexico City I am told. My tour van driver is lugging his VW so badly that I want to scream at him to downshift but I have kept my big American mouth shut so far but it is killing the insructor in me.

As for the Lightbulb @ Lightning.I don't see any appreciable difference in any of the 3 most common lines when it comes to exit speeds and rpms at track out. What I like about the Karussel at the SC is that the entry needs be be taken decisively, violently (the impact upon landing onto the concrete) and you have to keep looking out your side window at the track-out. It is a fast turn when done right and the pucker factor is high every time you enter.

The SC used to be my favorite track until I discovered Mid-O. While I do feel the SC has a nice rhythm (when you learn to link all the turns together at speed) the flow through from "Madness" all the way to the Carosel is better and faster. I also like the "Keyhole" at Mid-O better than the Training Loop at the SC. I just wish that Mid-Ohio was closer to the metro DC area.

Gerry
    1990 E30 M3 (white)
    2003 E46 M3 (white)
    1991 spec miata (blue)

Quote Originally Posted by e30m3sm View Post
    I just wish that Mid-Ohio was closer to the metro DC area.
    And closer to South Carolina.
    Madness gives me goose bumps.
    I love that whole section.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Paranoia?
    Absolutely. I'd rather not have an insurance company get ahold of that information...
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Jeff White says the school is undersubscribed and has room in all run groups.

Also, there will be NCC-run skidpad

I'm in. See you there!

Only one more week. Hope more of our chapter members will be there. As Gordon mentioned NCC instructors will be there to teach skidpad and since NJ chapter does not make this mandatory, historically many students who wanted extra skidpad time got it.

I will do my usual track walk on Sat at lunch.

Gerry
    1990 E30 M3 (white)
    2003 E46 M3 (white)
    1991 spec miata (blue)

Thread Information