Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Tidewater Chapter Driver School - Sept 11 at NCCAR

Thread: Tidewater Chapter Driver School - Sept 11 at NCCAR

Tidewater Chapter Driver School - Sept 11 at NCCAR

The Tidewater chapter of the BMWCCA is hosting a one-day driver school on the new facility of the North Carolina Center for Automotive Research. They will use a 2-mile configuration. The facility is 3-hours south of DC and just 5-miles from I-95 near Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina. This is a great opportunity for all of us "new track" junkies. They are looking for students and instructors.
    Details are at: http://www.tidewaterbmwcca.org/driver.htm Registration is via motorsportreg.com

I hope I'll see you there.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

How convenient, since I'm moving to NC this week. Signed up for blue session.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Dang! I thought I wouldn't have to see you for a while Mike.
    There are still openings people. Only 3 hours from DC. A new track for everyone!
    Woody

It was a fun, dry, cool day yesterday, perfect for exploring a new track.

Since this was more of a test circuit than a race track, lines were interesting to say the least. I'm not sure how wide exactly this thing was paved, but I'd say there was a good amount of lateral pavement everywhere. You could run 3-4 wide with room to spare. I tried all kinds of stuff and found that while there were definitely some faster lines, there was fun to be had too, like drifting turn 1.

(video available in 720p)
    Last edited by Reach; 09-12-2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: revised for accuracy :)
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Nice.

Very NICE! Look at all that runoff room!!!!!!!

Making a note to visit next year.

It really is a fun track. I heard it was 40' wide. Most older tracks are ~30 ft. As you can tell from the video, street tires made a helluva noise on that new smooth pavement. Except for the 1/2-mile pit straight, you are either turning, or setting up for a turn. One long and two short passing zones, but trains diminished during the day as the slow learners got the hang of the track. I'm glad you got this video Mike as I forgot to to open the lens cap on my camcorder. Anyone want to hear 45 minutes of squealing tires with no picture?
    I'm sorry it was just a one-day event. I'm ready to go back.
    Woody

Thread Information