Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Leather cleaner

Thread: Leather cleaner

Leather cleaner

Hi folks,
    After a couple years of use, the leather interior in my Z4 is starting to look a bit grungy, especially around the high use areas (handles, brake, etc). Can anyone recommend a (spot) cleaner for the leather interior?

Thanks!

Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Thanks!
    Too bad there's no local retailer -- looks like I'll have to go the mail order route. FWIW the manufacturer site appears to be: http://www.poorboysworld.com/leatherstuff.htm .

+1 on the leatherique stuff. I've used it for 20 years on all my cars with leather. Works great on leather. Smells good too.

Leather cleaner conditioners

I'll second the Leatherique Prducts. Best I've found, keeps the leather in the 20 y.o. Real M3 in excellent shape.
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

I just ordered/used this on my front seats. I'm very happy with the results. I ordered mine from autogeek.net

The single most important thing you can do to keep your car's leather looking like new, is to clean it often. The soil build up sitting on the leather is what causes the leather's coating to crack. This can be done simply with a microfiber towel and a mild detergent. There are many all purpose type cleaners available for automotive use. You can also protect your cars leather once or twice a year with a quality water based UV and stain protector. 303 is excellent for this. The usage of thick oily conditioners, such as Leatherique, is not necessary on modern automotive leather. Using such products, can actually cause leather to soil more quickly.

Cool deal. I got a couple cleaner recommendations and yes, I got a microfiber towel as well. Thanks!

I would suggest the Zymol leather care products. I have used them since day one on my 28 year old 1983 528e and the condition of my leather looks better then most 5 year old BMWs... as does its original paint protected by Zymol. They have great products and my car is proof of how well they've work for nearly three decades.
    FWIW,
    -Rod

Most likely, the appearance of your car is due to your commitment to frequent cleaning and protecting, rather than the specific product. Zymol does make some fine products, although a bit overpriced. Same goes for Leatherique. You can achieve the same results with much more economical products. Again, the key is frequent cleaning of the leather and protecting with a water based protector once or twice a year.

Thread Information