Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Don't like the new forum software

Thread: Don't like the new forum software

Don't like the new forum software

I'm sorry but this new forum software sux. It just doesn't lend itself to drawing people in like the old vBulliten software. I suggest moving back to the old software.
    Chicane
    2001 E46 M3 - Jet Black [6 speed]
    1996 E36 M3 - Alpine White [5 speed]
    1988 E24 635CSi [Rare factory 5 speed]
    2000 E46 323i - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by chicane View Post
    I'm sorry but this new forum software sux. It just doesn't lend itself to drawing people in like the old vBulliten software. I suggest moving back to the old software.
    The reason for vBulletin v4 was to incorporate the content management system to share the same permissions and a common login.
    Many forums aren't moving to v4 because they are heavily modified or simply have no need to.
    vBulletin v3 has reached it's end of life and is longer be supported.

If you have any suggestions other than going back to v3, I'd be happy to hear it.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Given the return of the "Recent Threads" column, except for the skin it's pretty much the same as before, right?

Everything is the same. The default skin changed, but it's still the default skin.
    The calendar of events on the homepage are created using posts.
    Each chapter program has a landing page pulling parts from the forum.
    I haven't added back the garage yet.
    The intent is to allow authorized members to update the calendar by themselves.

If anyone has suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them. It's your site.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Everything is the same. The default skin changed, but it's still the default skin.
    The calendar of events on the homepage are created using posts.
    Each chapter program has a landing page pulling parts from the forum.
    I haven't added back the garage yet.
    The intent is to allow authorized members to update the calendar by themselves.

If anyone has suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them. It's your site.
    Then I would suggest trying to adapt a v3 skin to the v4 software because this skin is horrible. The v3 vbulliten is the industry standard and something that is instantaneously recognizable to most people. In fact I don't know of a single car forum major or minor that is using this version.

The skin is bland and monochromatic. It has no pop to it. Just my $.02.
    Chicane
    2001 E46 M3 - Jet Black [6 speed]
    1996 E36 M3 - Alpine White [5 speed]
    1988 E24 635CSi [Rare factory 5 speed]
    2000 E46 323i - Silver

As a regular user of many forums, I have absolutely zero problems with the NCC forums in their current state.

When it first transitioned to v4, it was a little rough, but Steven has smoothed over the bumps and brought back most people's favorite features. So, is the desired change really over button size, colors, and layout? I for one am happy this thing works, and works quickly and flawlessly (unlike so many major car boards I visit which suffer lag and inconsistent behavior).
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

The only thing I notice and others have commented on vB's support forum, vB4 runs slower.
    Since most of you are on FiOS, you may not even notice. I notice it on DSL.

As for the style, the vB developers are still working on changing the code for changing the style.
    The developers created a style generator which doesn't work very well yet.

If it wasn't for the CMS side of the forum we may have stayed with vB3 longer.
    But those forums running vB3 are going to need to decided what to do soon.
    If there is a php exploit in vB3, vBulletin's solution will be to update to v4.
    Then many forums will either bite the bullet and move to vB4 or go to IPB. Or just take their chances.
    I prefer to keep the software as up-to-date as possible.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Thread Information