Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2010) Virginia Autocross Championship

Thread: (2010) Virginia Autocross Championship

(2010) Virginia Autocross Championship

Is August 21st and 22nd and will be held in Virginia Beach - nearly on the beach (it's on a Navy base overlooking the water).

Uniquely, the surface is concrete, and many people use it for Nationals practice. There are a few NCC people going so far, so if you are interested, sign up!!

http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.co...=56&Itemid=203

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy3wT...layer_embedded

Me and the missus signed up fairly early on. My plan was to have us share my striped STS Miata (Captain Slow) but she signed up with her own car so I guess our exact plans are still kinda up in the air. Regardless, we'll be there. We've got no plans of running at a National level (our being involved in an event that has "Championship" in its name is enough of a stretch) but the change of scenery/surface intrigues me.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

Hey Noel, are they actual hovercraft in that video. It looks like the course is on the launching platform. What a cool place to run an event. Might see if wifey is up to a road trip next month.

James

I just signed up, haven't paid yet though as I'm not sure about the status of the Corolla.

Fun fact: The guy who stomped my nuts at the divisionals, the pro-solo and my very first event this year (with NASA autox) is registered in SM. So, you know, I have that to look forward to =P

Funner fact: Martin is actually a pretty good guy and I look forward to chatting with him come this event.

Virginia Autocross Championship Gathering

I am planning a cookout and drive down to VA Beach on Friday for the event at Little Creek. Probably kick things off between 1-2pm and head out from Bristow between 5-6pm. Anyone interested PM me so I can plan for the right number and give you directions. As a heads up I live in Bristow VA just off of Rt 28.

James
    WDCR STR #14
    2006 Mazda MX-5

I wish I could make it, sounds like a lot of people are going there to do some last minute tuning before Nationals.

http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.co...C_2010_SAT.jpg

LOL! The person I'm going up against in E-Stock has a corner named after him.

Results have been posted. The weather definitely threw pax around for a loop =P

http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.co...10/overall.htm

You know when I get in the top 25% in PAX that something has to be up.

The 2 day event was at Virginia Beach. Saturday was dry and I finished first in STR, Sunday was rainy and I finished 4th overall.

Great seeing all the local people there and hanging out at the Japanese Steak House. Noel has a photo of some of us maybe he will post.

This video is of my third, and fastest run on Saturday. Thanks U.S. Navy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHh_eqSxfEM

Joe

Photos that I'm pretty sure you don't need to be a Facebook member to see:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=2f3f843e08

Good driving Joe; you're getting very smooth out there with each event.

I didn't see too many things to improve. Not knowing the grip-levels and exact power of your car, I think you could have gotten onto the gas a tad sooner at 0:22 secs and possibly hugged the cones a bit more on the huge sweepers (if you had a little less understeer). Anywho, you won, so you must have done more than enough to get it right. You've spanked Adam and I at the last few NCC events, so maybe we should be asking you for help.

Great driving Joe! Today at Oktoberfest I'll be driving my mildly STR prepped coupe in the 38-car 5A class. The class includes all manner of modified M3s on comp tires. Yesterday Rafael Garces was 3rd in his large class with his 335i on true street tires.
    Last edited by woodym3; 08-27-2010 at 07:51 AM.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Thread Information