Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Looking for a car for your teen? Consumer reports says get an E46

Thread: Looking for a car for your teen? Consumer reports says get an E46

Looking for a car for your teen? Consumer reports says get an E46

Consumer reports lists the 2000-2003 E46 323i and 325i on their best list of more affordable cars for teens:

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/car...ernatives.html

I can't think of a better excuse for the wife!

By the way, it's really sad that the number one cause of death for teenagers in the US is car crashes. I wonder which country has the safest record for teens and how they do it.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

You have a teenage wife?!?!?!?

I would not rule out a late model E36 sedan if your wife doesn't think it looks too old.

As far as the safest teen drivers, I don't think many other countries have large numbers of teen drivers. I'd RARELY see anyone under 23-25 driving when I was in Europe. I'd imagine the rest of the world is generally the same.

Quote Originally Posted by agreatham View Post
    Consumer reports lists the 2000-2003 E46 323i and 325i on their best list of more affordable cars for teens:

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/car...ernatives.html

I can't think of a better excuse for the wife!

By the way, it's really sad that the number one cause of death for teenagers in the US is car crashes. I wonder which country has the safest record for teens and how they do it.
    E46's are more affordable!?, My God, What about the 8 asian manufacturers and the plethora of their excellent products? BTW, just picked up a 99 Saturn for $900 needs freon, thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    You have a teenage wife?!?!?!?
    Hahaha, I re-read what I wrote and no, I have a wife and we have a teenage son. But I can use this article to justify getting another BMW for the family instead of say, a Ford Focus.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

I have the *perfect* E46 323i for your son to drive.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Just needs hood pins.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Europe, excluding extreme rural areas, has an intense transportation infrastructure and supports most of the population. Besides that, people don't travel 30 miles for a better price on a liter of oil from their favorite dealer, or to get that ultra box of tp (double roll). I would guess having a car and driving everywhere is an expensive upgade in life. I beleive they actually teach someone to drive vs. handing out licenses for a small fee and a simple test.

Mike, a Ford Focus is much cheeper to maintain and you'll be less sad when you see a new scratch and dent every week. I've never spent that much time and effort in fixing a car until BMW came into my life. BTW, the car that has led to so much grief for me is my 2001 e46.

Hey, give him your e46 and go get a new one for yourself.

I'll sell you mine. Heck, most things have already been done (replaced, repaired, beat on, etc.)

James

Thread Information