Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
ChapterFest is back - October 30, 2010 Bowie, Md - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: ChapterFest is back - October 30, 2010 Bowie, Md

Only 3 days till ChapterFest and the weather is looking great!!!
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Is there something wrong with the site??? I have been trying to register since Monday, but the site crashes everytime that I pick a group. Edit (waited about 3 min and it works)
    Also can we register and pay at the event, I do not want to put all my CC or checking info on another site...
    Last edited by An2ny; 10-27-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by An2ny View Post
    Is there something wrong with the site??? I have been trying to register since Monday, but the site crashes everytime that I pick a group. Edit (waited about 3 min and it works)
    Also can we register and pay at the event, I do not want to put all my CC or checking info on another site...
    You can pay at the event, however.... you'll be asked to register online when you get there too. Please register online beforehand to save everyone some time while checking in.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I am registered, I just want to pay at the event, not online.

I just found it a little crazy that it was 16 for general admission and another 20 something to be in the concourse. I could almost swear that last year you had to pay one or the other, not both... Maybe I'm confused

I'm going to have to pass on this unfortunately. The Corolla needs more work so it's going to have my full attention this weekend.

I noticed that MotorsportReg.com has been updated to reserve appointments for PDR, wheel repair and straightening, however the Chapterfest website does not offer any details about this. Who is performing the work? Any further information about the extent of these services (i.e. what kind of damage? Does the wheel have to be off the car? etc.)? Are walk-ups permitted pending availability? Thanks.
    Last edited by 45ACP; 10-29-2010 at 01:19 PM.

I got here @ 7 and I've been waiting in line for more than an hour. it doesn't look like the line is moving anywhere. This is a joke and a waste of everybody's time.

I thought those who preregistered wouldn't have to stand in line with the walk- ups? What happened?

You guys forget this is a volunteer organization. If you want to improve things, help out.

BTW, I was there, too and the organizers had technical difficulties.
    2008 BMW E92 335i Atlantic Blue - Dinan 2nd Stage, Sprint Booster, BMW Performance Exhaust
    1996 BMW E36 M3 Cosmos Black - Ground Control Struts, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, Treehouse Racing Control Arm brackets, Turner Racing Sway Bars, Sparco Strut Bar, Turner Rear Control arms, Toyo RA1s 255/40/17, - Engine Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mdepena View Post
    You guys forget this is a volunteer organization. If you want to improve things, help out.

BTW, I was there, too and the organizers had technical difficulties.
    Yes, but people that are Auto-crossing are paying and working, this was not right, people got there before 7:00 am and ran at 11:30???…the organizers were trying hard, but way too many things going at once, I also think that they need a bigger location for an event like this.

I don't think there's any denying that there was a perfect storm of problems today--but I would like to thank the organizers for taking a substantial amount of their personal time to pull this large-scale event off. These folks aren't professional event managers.

Yes, I showed up at 11:00 and had to wait till after 3:00 pm before my autocross heat began. But there was a good lunch and plenty to watch, and fortunately nice weather. And despite what had to be some level of stress, every event staff person I spoke with was polite, pleasant and apologetic about the delays.

So there's that. Thanks to the organizers and looking forward to next year.
    Tim_in_MD
    76 2002
    86 911
    14 GMC Sierra Z71

To Algie and ALL those who volunteered, I really appreciated the effort and turnout at Chapterfest. Karting was a blast (I was incredibly tired after my 10min session), and I got to talk with a guy at Wheel Doctor who looks to be able to repair my wheels for dirt cheap. I wouldn't have found them so soon if I didn't have this opportunity.

The hospitality tent was nicely done, not overcrowded. And the potato salad....so good.

I appreciated all the efforts of the volunteers. Those who experienced problems could have been a little more patient and understanding. You just can't incite a mob-like mentality against those who are volunteering their free time. What good could possibly come out of that? Just think if you had registered how smoothly it would have been for you. With the technical difficulties and issues Saturday, knowing you didn't pre-register, the assumption should have been that there were others who had to have priority first.

Thanks again to everybody. 4 out of 5 well done in my book.

Plus 1, My Wife and I were amazed at how much was going on at ChapterFest. So much activity in such a small area and everything was seperated from the crowd by safety barriers. Great Job.

Quote Originally Posted by neatloaf View Post
    To Algie and ALL those who volunteered, I really appreciated the effort and turnout at Chapterfest. Karting was a blast (I was incredibly tired after my 10min session), and I got to talk with a guy at Wheel Doctor who looks to be able to repair my wheels for dirt cheap. I wouldn't have found them so soon if I didn't have this opportunity.

The hospitality tent was nicely done, not overcrowded. And the potato salad....so good.

I appreciated all the efforts of the volunteers. Those who experienced problems could have been a little more patient and understanding. You just can't incite a mob-like mentality against those who are volunteering their free time. What good could possibly come out of that? Just think if you had registered how smoothly it would have been for you. With the technical difficulties and issues Saturday, knowing you didn't pre-register, the assumption should have been that there were others who had to have priority first.

Thanks again to everybody. 4 out of 5 well done in my book.

Many thanks to everyone who organized this event. It was an amazing chapterfest. Everything was very well organized (much better that a year ago).
    I would recommend it to everyone else again.

Thank you Algie!

ps. when should we look for autocross results?

Thread Information