Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Looking for all season tires

Thread: Looking for all season tires

Looking for all season tires

Where's the best place to get some all season performance tires for my 06' 325i? I'm not liking the run flats that are on there right now. Also whats the best brand of tire to get? Thanks!

Radial Tire in Silver Spring, MD. http://www.radialtire.com/

There is no "best brand" of tires - it's all dependent on your needs. I'm partial to Toyo's for general street tires.

Curry's Auto (several VA locations) tries to match Tire Rack pricing, and has the mounting & balancing equipment to get the job done.
    Radial Tire in Silver Spring has been a club sponsor for decades and also does a great job, but with less tire brands available.
    I used Tire Van several years ago - they come to you! Made it easier than dragging 8 wheels & tires around.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

And Radial will fix tires and flip them for free. I've even got free a takeoff RA1.
    Only downside is the wait, but you can't beat their service.
    I am now paying $80 to have my tires flipped and balanced whereas a $10 or $20 tip took care of it.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    And Radial will fix tires and flip them for free. I've even got free a takeoff RA1.
    Only downside is the wait, but you can't beat their service.
    I am now paying $80 to have my tires flipped and balanced whereas a $10 or $20 tip took care of it.
    I agree Steven. There's really no place better for tires than Radial Tire. Paul and the entire staff has earned my future business every time. Even when I made mistakes (didn't properly seal inner bead of Fikse's), the team helped me out to fix the problem with minimal financial impact.

The only gripe that I have about them is that they are not willing to expand to different locations. I could only imagine the amount of business they could do with multiple facilities. And that's only because I see what demand they have for their services!

Thanks for all your suggestions!

I put Conti's Extreme Contact DWS on the wife's 325ci through TireVan about a month ago. Just came back from a round trip to Rhode Island over the 4th and the car felt like it was on rails. Quiet and stable. Highly recommended.

Conti Extreme Contact DWS

I use the DWSes as long trip and day to day winter tires. (I use Vredestein Wintracs for serious snow, but prefer not to wear down my winters in day to day use.)

They are an adequate tire. Key things to keep in mind: You need a softish suspension with them. If you run more spring than, say, 500/500, the sidewalls start doing all the work and the car rides like crap. You also are giving up significant dry grip.

On the other hand, they are quiet, they have spectacular wet grip, and are surprisingly competent in mild snow. And they are cheap. Very cheap.

All in all, the DWS is a useful compromise tire that I like very much as one of three sets that I use day to day.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick325xiT 5spd View Post
    I use the DWSes as long trip and day to day winter tires. (I use Vredestein Wintracs for serious snow, but prefer not to wear down my winters in day to day use.)

They are an adequate tire. Key things to keep in mind: You need a softish suspension with them. If you run more spring than, say, 500/500, the sidewalls start doing all the work and the car rides like crap. You also are giving up significant dry grip.

On the other hand, they are quiet, they have spectacular wet grip, and are surprisingly competent in mild snow. And they are cheap. Very cheap.

All in all, the DWS is a useful compromise tire that I like very much as one of three sets that I use day to day.
    I totally agree, for Beltway cruising, jaunts to New England and the occasional DC winter storm the DWS has got to be the one of the best thought out tires I've ever come across. You always have to give to get but in this case I dare say you get quite a bit.
    Last edited by tlt; 07-15-2010 at 08:18 PM.

I have used Tire Rack(online) for years on all of my vehicles. As for a particular tire;on my E39 I have used the Continental Extreme Contact all season for the last 3 years and they have been great performers thus far (approx 30k miles). I have used NTB/Merchants for mount and balance. Happy Hunting !

Thread Information