Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Recommendations for Quality Paint

Thread: Recommendations for Quality Paint

Unhappy Recommendations for Quality Paint

Over the 4th of July, I had a weed eater come off my garage wall and hit the roof of my 90 325is 30. Needless to say, I'm shocked!!! Car has flawless orginial paint and I need a really quality paint shop to repair the dent and match the stock brilliant red paint.

Any recommendations? USAA has give me permission to select any shop.

Thanks
    Zdaneman- Red One

Quote Originally Posted by Zdaneman View Post
    Over the 4th of July, I had a weed eater come off my garage wall and hit the roof of my 90 325is 30. Needless to say, I'm shocked!!! Car has flawless orginial paint and I need a really quality paint shop to repair the dent and match the stock brilliant red paint.

Any recommendations? USAA has give me permission to select any shop.

Thanks
    Zdaneman- Red One
    How bad is it? Post some pictures.

Since you have original paint I highly suggest that you do NOT jump the gun and get paintwork done right away. The paintless dent guys can work some serious magic and pending the amount of missing paint, an excellent detailer/paint restoration guy can fix that.

You read my mind!

One of the National E30 guys said the same thing! I sent e-mail to local paintless dent repair (Dent Masters). I'm waiting for their reply. It might be the best way to go!

Photo attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BMWs 010.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	1242   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BMWs 010 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	1243  

Ouch ... that's in a rough spot. The glass might come out but I've seen PDR guys fix much greater damage. Good luck and keep us updated with you choice.

Taking the glass out of an E30 is super easy. I can get a windshield out without damaging it in literally less than 2 minutes. Reinstalling is a little slower (45 minutes with a friend's help), but that's no big deal.

Good luck getting that repaired.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Jeff Shaws BMW Car Craft in Baltimore City is an excellent BMW body shop.

I've heard good things about Jeff Shaw too. "Very particular about his work"

Thread Information