Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Dinan BMW engines in Grand-Am "illegal"?

Thread: Dinan BMW engines in Grand-Am "illegal"?

Dinan BMW engines in Grand-Am "illegal"?

If you watched last Saturday's Rolex Grand-Am race from Daytona you might have heard the commentators mention that the Ganassi team Riley-BMW was fined and docked 25 points from the previous race at Mid-Ohio. Apparently G-A officials tested the engine on their dyno in Charlotte and found the torque figures to be higher and across a wider band than the specs that had been approved for the S62 V8 engine at the beginning of the season. And a tear-down revealed that all pieces were within legal specs.

If you want to read a whole lot more about this, I think this article by an editor of Speed.com is a good place to start:
    http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-of-fireworks/

In addition to the fine and point penalty, all teams using the BMW S62 engine have received a 75 pound weight penalty for all races beginning with the July 3 Daytona event. Regardless, the Ganassi and Starworks BMW-powered entries finished first and second at Daytona.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

used and remanufactured rebuilt engines Unfortunately I missed the race.I need to check this out. Thanks for the link.
    Last edited by legaleaglelx; 08-05-2010 at 05:45 PM.

Thread Information