Hi Bimmerheads,

I really miss the chapter DIY since relocating from MD to Arizona. The chapter here is not advance as the ncc with only 850 members and one has to look for them. Their socials are very week and meetings especially board meetings happen once a year(elections). So my wife and I who sat on the DIY committee for the chapter were looking for a place that would allow you to work on your car. Just recently we found a place like DIY Mechanics. It is called U fix it. I have used it twice: 1. for oil change and 2. for drive shaft repair on center support bearing. Next best thing as well as an alternative besides chapter DIY. I the only slight issue you may run into is when the mechanic should be involved while your are on your DIY. With the chapter DIY you do not have to worry about that. If you cannot wait for the chapter DIY or it is full then alternative would be a DIY mechanics. Ofcourse, there is a cost to it which you have to budget for. Out here in Phoenix this shop charges $20/hr or $100 1/2 day or $150 for full day. Seems northern Va shop is a bit cheaper...mmmmm