Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Wheels and tires

Thread: Wheels and tires

Wheels and tires

I am looking for a second set of wheels and tires for my 2009 M3 coupe to use for driving schools. Can anyone recommend a place to purchase in the area? I would also be interested in any thoughts on the particular wheel and tire I should purchase for driving school.

you can find plenty of OEM wheel/tires from m3post/e90post boards; alot of people change rims as soon as they pick the car up
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I just ordered a set wheels from modbargains.com for summer/track use. And I'm soon to order some Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 (and TPMs) from tirerack.com. When you order 4 Michelin tires, there is a $70 rebate right now. (The rebate comes in the form of an American Express-branded Reward Card.)

I have a question about E92's and spare-tires. I currently have run-flats, so of course, I have no spare. The summer/track set will be regular tires. Where do E92's without run-flats store their spare and gear (i.e. jack, etc.)?

I found this while reading forums out there on the interweb and the spare-kit seems to work for the E92.

So I'm probably going to purchase that, but is the only option to use trunk space to store it? Can I easily remove the storage tray under the carpet and place the spare-kit there?

Any other options for a spare-kit that uses little to no trunk space?

Thanks for your comments.
    Last edited by thotts; 06-18-2010 at 04:26 PM.
    - Gina -

If you do not trust people, people will not trust you. -Lao Tzu-

Quote Originally Posted by thotts View Post
    I just ordered a set wheels from modbargains.com for summer/track use. And I'm soon to order some Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 (and TPMs) from tirerack.com. When you order 4 Michelin tires, there is a $70 rebate right now. (The rebate comes in the form of an American Express-branded Reward Card.)

I have a question about E92's and spare-tires. I currently have run-flats, so of course, I have no spare. The summer/track set will be regular tires. Where do E92's without run-flats store their spare and gear (i.e. jack, etc.)?

I found this while reading forums out there on the interweb and the spare-kit seems to work for the E92.

So I'm probably going to purchase that, but is the only option to use trunk space to store it? Can I easily remove the storage tray under the carpet and place the spare-kit there?

Any other options for a spare-kit that uses little to no trunk space?

Thanks for your comments.
    sorry, no other spot to store a spare other than the trunk.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

If you can at all avoid it, I recommend not buying anything from modbargains, ever. Their products are of a low quality. Even the knockoff wheels they sell are cheaper / worse than typical knockoffs. E.g: MiRO brand wheels vs VMR.

They also just got done with a group buy where they sold 'lightweight' 18.5lb wheels that actually weighted 22-24lbs when the customers got them. They just don't care about the products they sell.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Thread Information