Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2010) Inspection Information

Thread: (2010) Inspection Information

(2010) Inspection Information

search did not return any results..

i have a very tiny crack on my windshield.. will i pass autoX inspection?
    Last edited by mduhovich; 06-29-2010 at 10:21 AM.

If it's just in the outer layer of the glass, it should be fine.

That said, if it's repairable (6" or less), get it repaired NOW. If you don't, it's going to expand.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

If the crack is small as Nick said, they can repair it and your insurance will most likely pay the entire cost. If you don't fix it, you'll lose the windshield. I had a rock chip smaller than a dime that I ignored for a few weeks. Hit one rough spot on the PA turnpike and that turned into a 10" split through the glass.

Call these people: http://www.virginia-glass.com/ I had them replace my windshield and they did a perfect job, with the exact OE piece. No BS and real professionals. They can do the repair as well, and will help you handle insurance.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

I can't imagine it wouldn't pass our AX inspection. Depending on the nature of the crack it may expand, or it may not. I had one on my M3 that over several years kept getting longer and longer. The Virginia State inspector finally said no. Replacing my pitted and cracked windshield was like getting a new car.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

You'll be fine.

I'd just get one of the $5 windshield repair kits at AutoZone and use that. My windshield has been fine since using that 4-5 years ago.

Thank you, guys, for your reply. The car failed MD inspection because they found another huge crack under one of the wipers, which I somehow missed when I bought the car.

Anyway, I am getting it replaced.

Thread Information