Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
BMW 540i (6 spd): Enough Time At DIY For Control Arm / Thrust Arm Changeout?

Thread: BMW 540i (6 spd): Enough Time At DIY For Control Arm / Thrust Arm Changeout?

BMW 540i (6 spd): Enough Time At DIY For Control Arm / Thrust Arm Changeout?

Would welcome any thoughts on whether a NCC DIY Saturday session would offer enough time for changing out (2001 BMW 540i 6 spd) front suspension front (upper?) and rear (lower?) control arms, both sides. Bentley BMW manual (p. 310-12, for 540i) calls these items control arm and tension strut. RealOEM names them wishbone (no joke) and traction strut. Bushings would be preinserted in new pieces and (hopefully) not a time factor.

Thanks...

I replaced my front control arms and bushings last year at a DIY, but I ran over on timing. The problem I had was reattaching the control arms to the suspension because of the lack of room for the wrench. Its not a hard job, just a PITA. Of course, I was doing this on an E46, so YMMV with the 540.

I would say each job would need to be performed at a different DIY. You will not have time for both.

Thread Information