Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Where do I get a fire extinguisher?

Thread: Where do I get a fire extinguisher?

Where do I get a fire extinguisher?

I need a specific one that complies with the CR handbook. Is OG Racing the only place to purchase it from? Anywhere else closer to alexandria, VA?

Can these be shipped even though it is under pressure.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by NoSoup4U
    I need a specific one that complies with the CR handbook. Is OG Racing the only place to purchase it from? Anywhere else closer to alexandria, VA?

TIA
    What type/class extinguishers do you need?

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

don't know, I'll let you know this weekend.

Any idea where to buy a kill switch for the car?

You probably just need a BC - fairly cheap and easily available. The bigger issue will be mounting brackets.

No idea on the kill switch.

---Eric

Strap a shotgun under the dash pointing at the DME?

TIA
    Yes, they can be shipped but it will probably be UPS ground (no air shipments).

---Eric

don't just get a hand bottle for cr, get a real fire system. www.bimmerworld.com has spa systems for around $300. very easy to install.

You guys just want me to keep spending money

You guys just want me to keep spending money
    No, we just want to make sure you are safe. If you got hurt, who would we make fun of for constantly buying cars?

---Eric

Banned

Fire bottles

Spending money may save you hours of cleanup when you have to use the fire bottle. Has been a while but the typical BC extinguiser(sic) can be very corrosive especially to a car with modern day electronics. Would suggest whatever the current substitute is for good old ozone depleting halon. Also depending on where the fire is a cheaper fire system can have nasty effect on the internals of an engine. Not sure if any of this info is current. Its what I remember from years ago as a crew chief for SR and GT3 cars. Rebuilding an engine because of the corrosive effects of the extnguisher not the fire is no fun. Now I just look at pedigrees and try to decide which breeder for a new collie pup. Is the alpha of the litter the best choice for herding? Life was less complicated when I was crewing and racing.

Thread Information