Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
F1 returns to the USA in 2012
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: F1 returns to the USA in 2012

F1 returns to the USA in 2012

But Austin, Texas is a long way from home.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...0/5/10824.html
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Hopefully Canada can stick around and we can have two GP's in North America.

can't wait for dates to be set so i can reserve my hotel stay wayyy in advance. lol.

Maybe we can swing an Ofest there again.
    I didn't understand though, would it be a street course?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Maybe we can swing an Ofest there again.
    I didn't understand though, would it be a street course?
    In the link, it explains that a facility is being built for the purpose of F1. It will not be another Valencia.

Quote Originally Posted by flohtingPoint View Post
    In the link, it explains that a facility is being built for the purpose of F1. It will not be another Valencia.
    I thought so.
    A road course can be built in 2 years?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I thought so.
    Korea is slamming through production to get their circuit operational this year, so perhaps. I'm a Network Engineer, not a Civil Engineer, so I cant say one way or the other, but F1 has little faith in Korea, already stating the Magny Cours is a fallback.

Seems every track I read about has setbacks due to zoning and permit issues.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Seems every track I read about has setbacks due to zoning and permit issues.
    Or Tilke makes them boring.

Or Tilke makes them boring.
    Thank goodness for the internet because I had no clue WTF you are talking about.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermann_Tilke
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

I thought so.
    With enough money a track and the required infrastructure for an F1 race could be done in a year. I assume the City of Austin has a site in mind and the wherewithall to push through any bureaucratic hurdles. This plan certainly sounds for feasible that last week's rumored use of Monticello Motorsports Club in NY.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I think Tilke is going to deliver something along the lines of Yas Marina and not Spa. With 4 days of activities and the race only being 1.5 hours of which 80% is spent watching a screen anyway, one could really care less. It's close to home and is a fraction of the cost of Monaco. Hopefully Red Bull will be resolved by the rest of the teams and multiple tyre suppliers should make it fun. I will take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uber-Goober View Post
    I think Tilke is going to deliver something along the lines of Yas Marina and not Spa. With 4 days of activities and the race only being 1.5 hours of which 80% is spent watching a screen anyway, one could really care less. It's close to home and is a fraction of the cost of Monaco. Hopefully Red Bull will be resolved by the rest of the teams and multiple tyre suppliers should make it fun. I will take it.
    To create Spa in Texas would take major landscaping. The altitude changes of Spa are massive. My buddies MK 1 Golf could take Raidillon flat out because he'd lose so much speed climbing after the start of Eau Rouge.
    Last edited by flohtingPoint; 05-25-2010 at 06:57 PM.

To create Spa in Texas would take major landscaping. The altitude changes of Spa are massive. My buddies MK 1 Golf could take Raidillon flat out because he'd lose so much speed climbing after the start of Eau Rouge.
    You or your buddy have been to Spa?

Quote Originally Posted by Uber-Goober View Post
    You or your buddy have been to Spa?
    I was stationed in Germany for two and a half years. I made it to Spa, Nordschleife and Hockenheim as much as I could.

There is a pic of my S13 coming out of Sachs Curve at Hockenheim.
    Last edited by flohtingPoint; 05-25-2010 at 08:49 PM.

Thread Information