Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
recommendation for seat repair?

Thread: recommendation for seat repair?

recommendation for seat repair?

I've got a 1985 635CSi with beige power sports seats. The passenger seat is fine, but the driver's seat has a few problems. First, the seat has come apart a bit where the seat belt rubs against the side bolster. It needs to be re-stitched and the piping needs to be replaced. Second, the seat is twisted, which I guess is pretty common and is due to a bad cable. Third, I've got a problem with the recline function such that it goes up to a certain point then drops back. This could be the seat gearbox, a hinge or maybe related to the cable.

Anyway, I want to have the seat sorted out, or at least get a quote. Any suggestions for a shop? I'm in Arlington, but willing to drive a bit for a good shop.
    Thanks
    Ryan

Check with Lim's at Tyson's.
    http://local.yahoo.com/info-12688148...olstery-vienna
    With the mechanical problems you might need a back-up seat for good working parts. Have you checked on the E24- or E28-specific forums?
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Ditto on Lim's. They will more than likely be able to repair the mechanical issues as well. As John mentioned, a parts seat may be in order but it might be worthwhile to have John Yoon at Lim's look at it before you purchase anything.

Linwood

Thanks guys. Yeah, as for the mechanical stuff, I presume at least a cable is screwed up but I've heard of those being salvaged by cutting or heat-shrinking or something. It seems like it might be difficult to tell if I need other parts like gearbox/hinges until it is taken apart. Seeing as how this is my only car, I can't really do that on my own and be without a driver's seat for an extended period. I'm hoping not to have to buy a parts seat of course, but can do if needed. Hopefully the guys at Lim's can advise me on that point.
    Anyway, thanks for the referral. Are the prices at Lim's pretty reasonable?

Ryan

Can you swap the pass. seat to the driver's side while the repair is being assessed/made? I can't remember if the seat belt receiver is transferable. It's not uncommon to have a crack in the outboard seat back frame - that can be determined when the upholstery is peeled back a bit.
    Reasonable? There are some things you can't question if you don't have the time/skill to DIY!
    You could also check with:
    Joe's in Frederick MD: http://www.joesupholstery.com/
    Don Elkins at Fairfax Circle: http://www.elkinsupholstery.com/
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Wagonwork recommended Seatco to me...check out www.seatco.com. They're at Bailey's Crossroads. I've only talked to them by phone; sounded like they know what they're doing. As for Elkins, I've been to the shop. Gary Martin gave me his name. Another guy that sounds knowledgeable. "One of these days" we'll get some sunroof and seat repair work done by one or the other...or both.

I had mine redone by Jaime Zarate. He also just finished redoing a set of Recaros that look again like new. 703-589-6234. -Raine

Thread Information