Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2010) Cumberland, MD Autocross Series
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: (2010) Cumberland, MD Autocross Series

(2010) Cumberland, MD Autocross Series

These events are held each month from May through October. Each event consists of two autocrosses - one Saturday and one Sunday. They are held on the airport taxi ways overlooking this scenic and historic city in the Allegheny mountains. It is about a two hour drive from the DC and Baltimore beltways. Whether you are doing one day or two, I recommend driving up the night before and getting a room. One cheap, but clean spot is the Slumberland Motel in Lavale, 5 or 6 miles west of downtown Cumberland. 301-729-2880.
    Another feature of these events is the Saturday night dinner on the farm of one of the country's top Corvette collectors.
    The menu changes each time. Expect BBQ, Brats, or Crabs, etc.
    Friday nights during the summer months the city has a street party with a 5 block pedestrian-only street devoted to sidewalk restaurants, bands, etc. Information on the autocross series is here:
    http://www.nationalroadrally.com/info.html They use SCCA classes.

I particularily recommend the June 5 autocross. It traditionally features a longer, faster course, but is limited to 75 entries instead of the normal 100. Another benefit is being able to participate in our Spring Tour that departs on Friday and is using the nearby Rocky Gap Lodge for a destination.
    Last edited by woodym3; 05-10-2010 at 02:46 PM.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzkbpEI2hIE

Guys,

This is definitely worth the trip. I did the "short course" that was about a minute long and hit 60mph+ three times. The June course is much longer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8aR7Y0IUXE&NR=1

This is the fast course from last year. Check this out.

That is awesome!

There must be some under-used concrete in Aberdeen. Does anyone have a contact there?

Wow, I've always wanted to drive on an airfield. Maybe I can put together a TopGear video from all the different cars and drivers. I saw only guy working the course. With a course that big, I'd hate to be him.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Sweet! An autox event I can make and stretch the legs in my car by finally hitting full boost in 3rd gear! I have to wait until word from from my distributor on tires in a couple days until I register for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I particularily recommend the June 5 autocross. It traditionally features a longer, faster course, but is limited to 75 entries instead of the normal 100. Another benefit is being able to participate in our Spring Tour that departs on Friday and is using the nearby Rocky Gap Lodge for a destination.
    Thats a good idea Woody. I'll be driving up on the Spring Tour on Friday, so if I don't get to play golf on Sat, this autox would be great.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I haven't been up there for a few years, but it is a blast. I'd never knew my little 318 was capable of handling at the speeds that their course allowed. If I make any this year, it would be one of the later season event.

I think Paul P runs/helps run these events (black 318ti).

When I get the MR2 running, I plan on doing Cumberland and Philly on weekends I have nothing scheduled locally. The MR2 is sooo close to being road ready (not done, but at least road going), I cant wait to have something I can beat on and extend the life in the Corolla...

Sounds like a good time. See you all on the 5th!

Quote Originally Posted by SamB325es View Post
    That is awesome!

There must be some under-used concrete in Aberdeen. Does anyone have a contact there?
    Same goes for Martin state airport. Also, there is a decent sized secondary parking lot at Boeing (or was it Lockheed?) that never has more than 10 cars in it. They may be willing to rent it out.
    Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

Quote Originally Posted by turbosporttsi View Post
    Sounds like a good time. See you all on the 5th!

Same goes for Martin state airport. Also, there is a decent sized secondary parking lot at Boeing (or was it Lockheed?) that never has more than 10 cars in it. They may be willing to rent it out.
    Get me some contact information of someone who makes decisions there and I'll start the process of acquiring the facility.

As long as they don't ask for an awful amount of money to use it, we could make it work for future seasons.

I've signed up. Have a buddy in the Cobra Club and they stay at the Best Western Braddock Motor Inn. Apparently they have a really great time in the bar there.

Hope to see several of our brethren there.

Quote Originally Posted by mdepena View Post
    I've signed up. Have a buddy in the Cobra Club and they stay at the Best Western Braddock Motor Inn. Apparently they have a really great time in the bar there.
    I can confirm that. A few years ago they talked a real cute waitress (Whitney was her name) into coming out and driving one of their Cobras. I ended up instructing her. I kid you not, she did great in that no-power steering beast.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Get me some contact information of someone who makes decisions there and I'll start the process of acquiring the facility.

As long as they don't ask for an awful amount of money to use it, we could make it work for future seasons.
    I'll see what I can do.
    Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

I'm in for Saturday. See you out there.

Thread Information