Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2010) Cumberland, MD Autocross Series - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: (2010) Cumberland, MD Autocross Series

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    I think Paul P runs/helps run these events (black 318ti).
    Yeah, he was there last week. He is pretty fast in the 318ti.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUguPpVrk2A

Woody was right: this was not an event to miss. We were flirting with 80 mph. Look at the speedometer.

Looks like fun. You're out of breath at the end of that run!

Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUguPpVrk2A

Woody was right: this was not an event to miss. We were flirting with 80 mph. Look at the speedometer.
    Noel,

Looks like you're getting the car dialed in with the extra camber. Congrats on the class win.

Was the cute yellow Cobra down there today? Doug Smith has been taunting me to come run in XP with him.

Jonathan

That time is simply incredible! Great driving, Noel.
    Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

Noel's time was incredible. It was only 3 seconds off of the fastest Cobra.

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Noel's time was incredible. It was only 3 seconds off of the fastest Cobra.
    Which was who?

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Which was who?
    I'd bet on Wade Chamberlain, Fred Kelley 2nd.

Well, after some fairly significant, err.. navigation errors.. I finally got a clean run. It was only a few seconds slower than Woody and Ron, so I was content with it. It's rare that my last run is my fastest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqPc0mXB6yg

EDIT: Wow, Noel, you really don't leave any time on the table anywhere! I just put your vid alongside mine in youtube doubler... even by the end of the first sweeping left-hander after the start gate, you were visibly faster. I would estimate that you got ~1 sec faster than me for every ~10 sec on the course. After each section you are consistently and visibly faster.

I certainly have much to learn. It is apparent that the little details add up.
    Last edited by turbosporttsi; 06-06-2010 at 11:17 AM.
    Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I'd bet on Wade Chamberlain, Fred Kelley 2nd.
    You would bet wrong Bob. I don't have actual times, but I believe Larry Casey's best clean run was better than the raw time of either Wade or Fred. I don't think Wade or Fred had a clean run. Jason Becker didn't have a clean run either, but even with a 2 second penalty he topped Larry.

It was unfortunate that sections of the course were very difficult to read at high speed. My first and 3rd runs were off course, and at least Noel's first two runs were off course.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Here is my 2nd run, I did not get a clean run but I never got lost.

Joe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF5JEnwl-i0

There were some incredible runs. Jason was amazing. How that vehicle sticks to the ground is impressive.

Results of this weekend's events are at the bottom of this page:
    http://www.nationalroadrally.com/historics_10.html
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

I was a lot of fun. Racing is so much more than just driving though. I know the seasoned people already know this, but this year I have been learning much more than I though I would about many things beyond just the driving part.

This year has introduced (because of my ability to compete for real in an SCCA class - STR, rather than attempting to compete in the old AS without race tires in the past) the following new learning areas: proper car tuning/setup, mental focus, dealing with being humbled, how to properly behave after winning, how to compete but maintain friendships, how to manage time, family, school, work, and money, how to instruct and help others reach their goals, and how to keep trying to get better myself.

I haven't mastered any of those things, but this has been a real learning year. Hopefully the car's new setup (with camber) will allow me to kick some ace in the WDCR Pro Solo coming up.

Cumberland may have been an errant peak, or may be the beginning of a different phase. Perhaps because I drove before the others (heat 1 vs. Heat 2 except the S2000), I was not distracted by competing. So many things to wonder about.

Either way, hopefully next year we will have even more NCC at Cumberland. We could even make it a weekend or something as a club getaway.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    Yeah, he was there last week. He is pretty fast in the 318ti.
    I'm only fast in the ti when I have no co-driver to compare to.

For those of you that made it up it was great to have you there! Hopefully you guys are getting signed up for the next event, July 24-25.

I LOVED seeing all those BMWs out this weekend!
    Paul P.
    <del>1996 318ti M-tech</del> - Messing around in FSP until the CP Camaro is done.

Help Stop Lung Cancer
    Maryland's Premier Autocross Team

Thread Information