Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Scratches on hood

Thread: Scratches on hood

Scratches on hood

The wife scratched her Toyota while cleaning the snow from the big storm. I'm now getting around to try to fix it. I was thinking getting a marker that matches her color, fill the scratches and wax the car. Does that make sense? I'm planning on having my car waxed as well so I might consider paying someone to do it.
    Can anyone recommend a detailer in the Balto area? Has to be good and not too expensive.

Any recommendations if I decide to do it myself? I've never waxed a car before.

Quote Originally Posted by ventsyv View Post
    The wife scratched her Toyota while cleaning the snow from the big storm. I'm now getting around to try to fix it. I was thinking getting a marker that matches her color, fill the scratches and wax the car. Does that make sense? I'm planning on having my car waxed as well so I might consider paying someone to do it.
    Can anyone recommend a detailer in the Balto area? Has to be good and not too expensive.

Any recommendations if I decide to do it myself? I've never waxed a car before.
    How deep are the scratches? Are the just in the clear coat or are they down to the base coat?

They are not that deep, but it took the paint off.

"took the paint off" That means that white or gray is showing??

Wink

What you are describing sounds like a deep scratch which generally requires to have the hood resprayed. You can get it done cheap which will look like $hit or you can spend money and have it look oem. Or you could call Toyota and blame it on a sticky pedal...

I just recently used Atomic Detailing out of Ellicott City, but they are a mobile service so they come to you. I was very happy with his work, but I doubt that he will be able to help you with the scratches if they are deep enough to show primer or metal. Minor scratches, I have been able to get out with a product called "Scratch Out". Like was said earlier, you probably need a good respray. Doing just a hood shouldn't be much of a problem for a good shop.
    Last edited by KevKaos; 05-10-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Langka, or Dr. Colorchip will improve the appearance of the scratch and at least make it the same color as the paint (although it most likely will not be flat). Otherwise, you're looking at a respray.
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Any way you look at it you should not miss out on this great opportunity to have a car care chat with your wife. I recommend using this as a template:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I5oi...eature=related

...imagine you just found out about the scratches and that's what the conversation is about:-P

Quote Originally Posted by Uber-Goober View Post
    Any way you look at it you should not miss out on this great opportunity to have a car care chat with your wife. I recommend using this as a template:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I5oi...eature=related

...imagine you just found out about the scratches and that's what the conversation is about:-P
    damn. nice find for me. it's really frustrating to deal with this simple hood scratches. such a pain in the arse! i dont wanna visit my dealer!lol they will just squeeze every penny from me. anyway sorry for digging this old thread. just researching some resolution to my problem. peace out!
    Last edited by greywarden; 09-09-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Thread Information