Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 05/28/2010 - Test & Tune - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 05/28/2010 - Test & Tune

just foolin' around this morning

No way. The optional skidpad is a new one to me! I learned something new while not even being there.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Thank to all who came out to today's event.

I welcome your feedback as this was the first event of this type / style.

Thanks,

Jonathan
    The only feedback I have is that the event went great as they always do. Thanks for setting this up Jonathan. Sammy and I had a great time and I continue to be impressed by how well my wife drives for having only 3 events (including this one) under her belt. I feel like I am cheating when I drive with her because when I get in the drivers seat I steal all the lines she took on the course because they were so good ahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP View Post
    I prefer to have it on a weekend though, so I wouldn't have to take a day off from work.
    I wish we could do this sort of thing on the weekend, but I just can't work the number to make it work financially. Our costs during the week are ~40% lower allowing us to be able to do this event.

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    just foolin' around this morning

Very nice. Thanks for including one of my sloppy lines around the skidpad.

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    No way. The optional skidpad is a new one to me! I learned something new while not even being there.
    I don't design courses often, but when I do, I make them count

I'm attaching an export of coordinate data from one of my runs. It's sampled at 1hz, so it's very choppy, but will give you an idea.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Course.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	1180

To give you an idea of the length of yesterday's course, the best times at the end of the day were ~64 seconds. Most were averaging ~70 seconds.

I actually had a course drawn for that surface that I've named "Six Times". (Can't find it now). The featured element was a box in which you travel through six different times.
    Last edited by mcoupemindy; 05-29-2010 at 06:16 AM.

I don't design courses often, but when I do, I make them count

I'm attaching an export of coordinate data from one of my runs. It's sampled at 1hz, so it's very choppy, but will give you an idea.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Course.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	1180

To give you an idea of the length of yesterday's course, the best times at the end of the day were ~64 seconds. Most were averaging ~70 seconds.

I actually had a course drawn for that surface that I've named "Six Times". (Can't find it now). The featured element was a box in which you travel through six different times.
    Jonathan,

Will we be able to set up a course like that on the 12th where we use the whole course?

Edit:

Here were two runs that got me into the 66 second times:

This run was a 66.6xx and I don't think I hit a cone on this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pkMCWaOESk

Here is a 66.88 run but I killed a cone going through the slalom. I got excited that I hit 66 seconds because my best run before that was a 69.9 but that was in the morning when the course was much more slick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xkK-1g-h1M
    Last edited by m3chaser; 05-29-2010 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by m3chaser View Post
    Jonathan,

Will we be able to set up a course like that on the 12th where we use the whole course?
    A normal event has too many people to have an extremely long course. We need to be able to run 3 cars at a time to finish reasonably. I leave the course design up to him.

A normal event has too many people to have an extremely long course. We need to be able to run 3 cars at a time to finish reasonably. I leave the course design up to him.
    Ah I see. That makes perfect sense.

Great day. Amazing that we could have those clouds all day, but no rain. Jonathan and your "support team" - thanks!! It was really nice to be able to have so many runs in a single day. DSC on (once only!!). M mode on. Both off. Left on the 360; right on the 360. Excellent learning experience. I'm in for the next time, for sure. I was a little put off by how few of us were left at the end to clean up...but...that's the way things go, I suppose. Let's do it again!!

Hey Jim, are you gonna come on the 12th and show us what you learned?? Us showroom1 guys need a driver that can set the bar higher.

If we get fun runs and my dad brings out his z4(which he should be able to), I'll run it for fun runs and see what I can do with it

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    In the "good ol' days", the optional slalom was the norm. When designed right it can really make you think about which way is better - fast entry from previous gate vs fast exit toward next gate. Then someone invented the "pointer cone" and some slaloms had to only be taken one way.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

The 12th will be a DIY day for our family...cam sensors and a thermostat for the 328 Ci, under the watchful eye of Gary Martin and staff. Wish us luck with the work...and have a good time with the S1 gang!!

Oh Jim,

Tsk, Tsk
    We all know the cam sensors are a 20 minute job and the stats maybe 90 (if the engine is hot), sounds like you should be able to make the afternoon heat.

See you there............

James

Thread Information