Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
P0128 code

Thread: P0128 code

P0128 code

My car throws a P0128 code every so often. After a while the code will go away, but it will pop up again. I suspect the thermostat is stuck open or the temp sensor is bad. Is there a way to diagnose the problem?
    The chapter has some specialized tools right? Is there one of those laser temp sensors I can borrow? I can run the car for a while and measure the temperature. If it throws a code but the temperature is in range then I'll know its the sensor.

What code reader are you using to get the code?

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    What code reader are you using to get the code?
    And what car do have?

Greg

2003 330ci. I went to Autozone and borrowed one of their scanners. Its some kind of generic ODBII scanner - I think Actron or something of that sort.

P0128-Coolant thermostat below regulating temperature. When that came on in my car the thermostat had to be replaced, and judging by the age of your car you probably got the same thing going on. Changing a thermostat may not be all that bad on your car, but unless you know how to bleed it right, take it to a shop.

I know how to bleed it, I did coolant change when I changed my water pump.

I had to replace mine two years ago. Its not that bad unless the thermostat is rusted onto the block.

Thread Information