Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2010) WDCR-SCCA 2010 Solo Championship Event #1
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: (2010) WDCR-SCCA 2010 Solo Championship Event #1

(2010) WDCR-SCCA 2010 Solo Championship Event #1

The parking lot at FedEx field is being re-surfaced and it was like driving on ice. I'm still processing my video but here's Noel's:

Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

I've been giving Noel driving lessons ...

... it's starting to show.

It wasn't my best moment in motorsports competition, but I've had worse days. Besides, I cant complain at all, not after the day that Karen had.

by way of explanation, Karen Kraus had a critical suspension bolt break or come loose on her WRX causing her wheel to go cockeyed in the final slalom.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    by way of explanation, Karen Kraus had a critical suspension bolt break or come loose on her WRX causing her wheel to go cockeyed in the final slalom.
    ... causing a long delay while they figured out how to even get a 3-wheeled car off the course.

Noel's spins are funny because he's a very good driver on rainy/slippery courses, and he was warned about this one. He just had to go find out for himself why all those other cars were spinning

Edit: Not funny ha-ha, funny odd/wierd
    Last edited by ronh21; 04-19-2010 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Don't want Noel mad at me

The castle nut on the LCA Ball Joint came off and the ball joint came out of the arm...

Don't know whether or not there was a cotter pin in there originally. Looks like atleast new ball joint and axle(outer CV joint got messed up).

If anyone ran 1st, 2nd or 6th heat, Danny got pics from them. Don't know if he got any other heats.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mvkao/

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    ... causing a long delay while they figured out how to even get a 3-wheeled car off the course.

Noel's spins are funny because he's a very good driver on rainy/slippery courses, and he was warned about this one. He just had to go find out for himself why all those other cars were spinning

I think everyone had to find out for themselves. I know the starting grid person told me it was like ice, I saw several people spin in heat 1 for myself, yet still I 180'ed the car going into T1 and wound up passing through a gate backwards while trying to pop my clutch in reverse due to a stall.

I only had two clean runs, here's the better of the two:

Maybe I should get Blizzaks for the next event ...
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    ...Noel's spins are funny because he's a very good driver on rainy/slippery courses, and he was warned about this one. He just had to go find out for himself why all those other cars were spinning

Noel did this as I was sitting two cars from the start. It looked so odd for it to be happening to him on dry pavement, I found it very funny ha-ha. And at the same time I was fearful it would happen to me. I told Noel after that run how much he cracked me up.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Noel did this as I was sitting two cars from the start. It looked so odd for it to be happening to him on dry pavement, I found it very funny ha-ha. And at the same time I was fearful it would happen to me. I told Noel after that run how much he cracked me up.
    I'm not saying I didn't laugh (mainly after the second spin), but it was kind of an uncomfortable laugh and I wouldn't have wanted him to see me doing it I figured he'd work things out.

I think the adjustable shocks were a bit too stiff. I put them back to full soft.

It was frustrating because the week before I knew that it would be dry, clear, and about 55 degrees. Having driven this lot so much, I became accustomed to what to expect, but the pavement issue was a complete curveball.

I feel a little better, since Brian told me he had a slower time than mine on his first run as a result of what must have been a really big slide, since I spun twice and apparently finished more quickly.

When it is wet, it is one thing, but this was like ice.. like spots at Summit Point, but much larger.

I'm interested to see the results when they come up.

The big controversy is how much the warmer tires helped the guys who either re-ran, or had a co-driver, since it was so cold.

I'm just glad that I had a clean run, although it could have been much faster.

If nothing else, I 'm here for (1) all of your entertainment, and (2) to show why you should put two feet in, and not have to restart your car after a 420 degree spin at 10 miles per hour.
    Last edited by noelleslie; 04-19-2010 at 10:16 PM. Reason: addition

2 clean runs is better than the 1 that I had.
    First run - spin on the first turn, 360.
    Second run - spin at the bottom of the showcase, 180.
    Third run - clean
    Fourth run - spin going down the hill, 360 + spin goin up the hill, 180.

I found it infuriating at the time, but I was laughing quite hard at myself by the end. If I could have known ahead of time about the conditions of the lot, I honestly would have skipped the day. On a good lot I hate it when my best runs are ousted by AWD buggies, but this was just infuriating as the subies (for the most part) kept it straight and I couldn't get more than 30% into the throttle without going tits up.

Videos are still on my camera and not the internet. I'll get them up eventually, but by now I'm more interested in reviewing my spins for style points than I am my 1 clean run for areas of improvement.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Noel, when I watch your vids I can really feel your pain and frustration, I could almost hear it, but you kept your commentary too low for the camera to pick up.

We will be back at FedEx in 2 weeks, May 2, we will see if the sealant cures enough to improve the grip.

Joe

This was a very frustrating autocross for me, my first run I was slow but sliding around and missing the fast lines completely, second spin, third spin, forth I was going so slow to avoid spinning that my time was way too slow…
    I hope the lot is not ruin for the rest of the season, but this thing was like ice, when I was spinning out of control my foot was on the brake and the car kept going and going…I know the conditions where the same for everyone but I could not get used to the lack of grip.
    Perhaps I need a co-driver for the next event; maybe hot tires will stick better.

All we need are a few good rain storms and the lots should come back. The real question, of course, is "will we get them?"
    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD Duramax LBZ/Allison 6-speed
    2002 BMW M3 - Alpinweiss III/Black
    1999 323i KP/GTS2 - Alpinweiss III (Black Hood, other stuff)
    1990 325is - Brilliantrot/Tan
    1989 325is - Alpinweiss II/Black (S50B32)
    1989 M3 - Alpinweiss II/Black (S62B50 in progress)

Thread Information