Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
O'fest

Thread: O'fest

O'fest

Hello all. Didn't know where to post my question so I'll just ask here. Has anyone gone to oktoberfest before? If so, what are events I should try? I have an 04 330ci. Which package would you guys recommend? Me and a buddy are driving from VA. I was looking at the 800 dollar package. I'm a newbie to Oktoberfest and wanted to get information on what to do. I would like to buy the tickets soon so I could also get a hotel. Who here has attended before and what events did you participate in? Also if there is anyone from this chapter going would you be interested in convoying up there. Thanks guys. Hope to see some of you there.

I used to attend everything but started to find it overwhelming.
    $800 sounds like 5 days of driving schools. That's a lot!
    Not to mention your brakes.

I would do the package that includes the autocross, driving school and car control.
    I think if you do the math you can blow off the car control clinic and still come out ahead.

But get your hotel if they are not booked.
    You can look at http://www.bmwccaofest.org/index.php?id=22,38,0,0,1,0 to see who is going.
    Some are going early for the ALMS race at Road America.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Re: O'fest

Why would I want to blow off car control? I just recently upgraded my brakes to a street/track-autocross pad. Cool carbon from Bavarian Autosport. They are great. I would really like to attend everything possible and since I just got into autocross the driving events sound awesome. What have you done before that you would consider is a "must" for first timers?

I figure since you are autocrossing you may not want to do it.
    Attend the first timer's meeting.

Road America is a fast track. If you did five days, I'd use new pads.
    If you do the concours, put your car in display class unless you want to spend the day before detailing it.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information