Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Rebuilding VANOS (S52): Anyone done it? Anyone have the tools I can borrow?

Thread: Rebuilding VANOS (S52): Anyone done it? Anyone have the tools I can borrow?

Rebuilding VANOS (S52): Anyone done it? Anyone have the tools I can borrow?

Just like the title says: I ordered the parts to properly fix my VANOS (gaskets, VANOS rattle repair kit, etc). I'm having a heck of a time finding someone who has the cam blocks, etc, that I can borrow to do the job. Can anyone help me out here?

George Bauer
    240-997-8537
    gwbaueriv@yahoo.com

What traction control?

Nobody knows anyone local who has the tools?

What traction control?

What's a cam block, and why do you need it? We did our 2000 328Ci, M52 engine, in our driveway. Took almost 2 days; seals were installed in the VANOS unit on the kitchen table (wife not happy), but we didn't fiddle with the cams at all. Car runs great after our "home schooling" job. Clarification??

Jim

(dunlapjim@hotmail.com)

Jim,
    I think George is looking for the cam locking tools so that the cam timing stays correct. I'm not 100 percent sure however I too was under the impression that a special tool set to lock the cams was necessary.

Cam locking tools are only required for the single VANOS units; George: have you checked www.drvanos.com? I know you can rent the tools from there if you buy a kit but I'm not sure if only the tool rental is available.

got the locking block if you need it.
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

Quote Originally Posted by JC5 View Post
    got the locking block if you need it.
    Definitely! Is there any way I can meet you this weekend?

What traction control?

Yep, gotta come get it though. I'm stranded at home this weekend
    Supercharged '03 530

Thanks for letting me borrow the cam blocks! It took me 6 hours, but I got it done today.

...just in time for me to drive the Jeep tomorrow with all this rain...

What traction control?

Did everything work out as planned?
    Supercharged '03 530

Six hours? Had a garage to work in, perhaps. Maybe second time around, knowing better how to get things like the wiring loom and engine cover (boy, was it stuck on!) off without breaking anything, then back together, we could make 6 hours. I still have one or two plastic clamps and fittings left from the job; don't know what they were for but car seems to work fine without them. Aces to you!!

Thread Information