Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Dammit. Insurance question... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dammit. Insurance question...

I am with Geico. I have three cars under that policy, Lexus, Wrangler, and BMW. The BMW and Lexus are designated for 7K or less ... the Wrangler is designated for 10K a year. I have full coverage, 250 deductibles on everything, uninsured, towing, and 500K/500K protection. I am at $1200/six months. The Wrangler costs me more to insure than the BMW for some odd reason.

I never liked All-state when I was with them. I did like State Farm though. I switched to try out Geico. They've been good so far. 4 years with them now.

I think I'll end up with Liberty... The BMW Performance Insurance, where they guarantee OEM parts is a big plus.

I called Metlife today, and they wanted a mind boggling $6,200 a year. I guess they must hate M3s.

I have a separate premium for OE replacement parts with Nationwide. It doesn't amoun to much. So if you find someone who does not use OE parts, see how much it would cost to add it.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

what a fascinating thread, I actually didn't know policies had mileage caps and could include options for OE parts.

Nick, I had Nationwide when I totalled my M3 at Summit and i got paid no questions asked. And they were the cheapest around.

I looked into Geico and Liberty Mutual recently and though Liberty Mutual was cheaper I researched reviews and opinions and they were not as highly rated as Geico.

I am at $700/ 6months for the MDX, M3, and liability only on the track M3. Only because I don't think Geico will as easily cover a collision event

Jeff
    Last edited by JLee; 02-10-2005 at 01:24 PM.

I had this same State Farm for many years
    $399 for 1988 BMW 582e (Primary) and
    $166 for 1988 Jeep Waggoner (Secondary)
    Total amount about $500 every six months
    1988 BMW 528e (over 300,000 miles)

You can drive a pretty good deal if you're willing to dicker...

...and the agent wants to keep your business. Even if you've been insured less than 10 years, if you've got a good record, they ought to cut you some slack, or work with you, since none of these guys like to loose good customers. In my experience, emphasizing the "recreational" nature of the M3 and adjusting the deductibles (set them at $750) should get you significantly lower. If the car is over 7 years old, seriously consider dropping the collision completely.

I pay ~$800/year for 3 vehicles - 94 F-150, 96 Chrysler Minivan, and 00 M5. The blue-book on the truck doesn't merit carrying collision anymore, and the other coverages have no fat at all.

And yeah, it pays to be old driver with lots of history and no tickets.

Good luck
    Rich
    00 M5
    94 F-150 (the ultimate beater car!)

Thread Information